Floor almost finished

Ron Regan

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys<br />I finally got my stringers cut and glassed in the hull.I poured the foam which sort of disappointed me.I thought that it would make more than what it did.I ordered enough to make a 8' cube :confused: .I used 5' wide plywood for the floor that way I only had one seem and it is under the deck :D .Glassing the stringers is a pain in the back.Talked my son into helping me and after 20 minutes he throwed the brush down and went back to playing his game boy :mad: Tried to get the floor finished but it got too dark to see.will try to post pictures under this message.never tried this before.If it does'nt work they will be at the bottom of my web site.
katbird

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Floor almost finished

I get serious flashbacks just looking at those pics, except you thankfully only had three small ones to glass. My back is still recovering. It took me days to get my stringers glassed in. One thing, I made sure what I worked on was cured before moving onto the next thing, so there would be no chance of warpage. I assume by the time you got to the floor the stringers were cured? Too bad about the foam, I would have liked to see the entire void area under the floor foamed, I don't know that you have enough to have been worht the bother. Its comin' along good though, hopefully you'll get a few runs before the season is done. I only have two solid boating months left, I am making the most of it....

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

hey Ron ... where did you find five foot wide ply??????? hey wait ... yours is the tri hull done in a car port, you have five foot wide, four foot long sections, lol, ya kidder ya <br /><br />ronald reagans web page, right?

Ron Regan

Seaman Apprentice

castawayray<br />I got the 5' wide at work. It is 60" x 96" we order it from Brazil. it is 1/2" and has 7 layers of ply. the bottom of my boat is 56" and it worked out fine. I had only 1 seam and it will be under the deck.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

you are serious! just curious, what do they use the wider sheets for? is there access for the rest of us? hmmmmm ... let me give Dogpile a shake at this

SoulWinner

Commander

KonRon,<br /><br />Your woodworking it beautiful! I especially like the little table with the curved legs. I have some oak with that grain pattern that I cut from the center of a 250 year old tree was cut down. Would love to make something out of it, and will some day. I'm just holding off because my woodworking skills aren't nearly as good as yours.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

geeze.... five foot wide, ten feet long (lol, notice when you go out of single digits, foot goes to feet!)<br /><br />but no price listed!<br /><br />hmmmm, 50 square feet of 3/4 inch thick AC ply ...<br /><br />with shipping from Wisconsin, this should send me into Home Depot!

Ron Regan

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you very much Soulwinner.I have been working with wood for the last 25 years and love to build furniture. I have a full basement and it is full of woodworking tools as I try to buy something new each year to make it less difficult to build furniture. If you need any tips you can e-mail me at ronregan@hci.net<br />thanks<br />Ron