Flame arrestor cover

ridesapaint

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
40
My '96 Sea Ray 175 brxl has the 4.3L 160hp, and the plastic flame arrestor cover is cracked. I was looking to replace it, yes for cosmetic reasons, but it's much cheaper to put a really fine looking K&N performance flame arrestor on it. And, it will even have some more breathing capacity.

Are those two cheap-*** hoses going into the stock arrestor needed? They don't even go inside the arrestor, but just dangle up to them. I think the new one might have them if I get the right one. Which one do I need? I don't know the throat size or clearance, but I am pretty sure the clearance is not going to be an issue.
Jerry
 

nlain

Commander
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,445
Re: Flame arrestor cover

The hoses you are talking about are probably crankcase ventilation hoses. They really should remain in use.
 
Top