fix or junk

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks, I came into two motors and wonder if they are worth fixing or junk them.
#1 Wizard Super 5 Model # WH-6 Ser# 939062 The motor seams to be locked up from what I can see.
Wizard.jpg

#2 Elgin 5.5 by Sears. Model # 571 59541
Ser.# 9541 1862 it needs cleaned up real good but does turn over by hand
Elgin.jpg

Would either be worth fixing or just dump them. Thanks

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: fix or junk

Ebay the parts....Elgin might get nothing, so ya can try and get it to run

deejaycee_2000

Captain

.... nice project to work on .. if you have the time .. otherwise use it as a postbox .....

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think I am going to junk them tjhis weekend. No time to play with them.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Check the chapter and events links at http://www.aomci.org Might find a antique outboard swap meet to take these to and get rid of, worth a shot if you like the old iron. The Wizard is Merc made so it definitely has parts value. Elgins are solid motors, but don't know much about parts availability.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If your near central New York I'll come pick them up!!
Please don't junk them. I'm pretty sure Your local Penny Saver or swap sheet will run a free add if you give them away.The Wizard is a piece of history and is based on the Mercs of about 55-56
And are pretty popular with both Merc and Wizard collectors.
The Elgin was built by West Bend which was purchased by Chrysler in C. 64 later became Force C. 85.
Elgin,West Bend or Chrysler owners could be interested in parts.There are Elgin and West Bend collectors as well.

D

DJ

DON'T junk them!!! There are people everywhere looking for those parts. An ebay ad doesn't cost you until you sell.

If you insistant on throwing them away, throw them in a box and ship them to me. I'll gladly pay the shipping.

e-mail me at: projectstoomany@juno.com

akwalker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

steelespike said:
If your near central New York I'll come pick them up!!
Please don't junk them. I'm pretty sure Your local Penny Saver or swap sheet will run a free add if you give them away.The Wizard is a piece of history and is based on the Mercs of about 55-56
And are pretty popular with both Merc and Wizard collectors.
The Elgin was built by West Bend which was purchased by Chrysler in C. 64 later became Force C. 85.
Elgin,West Bend or Chrysler owners could be interested in parts.There are Elgin and West Bend collectors as well.

Steelspkie, you beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing,,,,,,, where in Central NY? Norwich, here.

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am from Maryland, just do not have time for them, what to do?????????

deejaycee_2000

Captain

there's alot of collectors on this site, if you decide not to fix them give them to someone who would love them ..... to just junk them is like against outboard law .... hahaha :)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

If nothing else, put them in front with a FREE sign on them...they will be gone in no time

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would put them at the road for free but I live in the country at the end of a dead end road and no one lives around me. If someone lived close and wanted them he can have them.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

post in the outboard non-repair section for free outboards with pics, i'm sure there will be people that will pay for the shipping and everything ......