fix a flat in inner tubed tire?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Have a low on air tire that has an inner tube..

Can you use that inflate junk in a can?

Thannks..google was a no-go..!

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fix a flat in inner tubed tire?

It'll probably work for awhile. My understaqnding of that stuff is it's just temporary. Not a suitable replacement vs. breaking donw the tire and fixing the tube.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And you would even consider that a safe fix? Fix it properly or be prepared to change a tire on the road. If you don't have a spare, it would be an even costlier event.

Splat

Lieutenant

Fix a Flat is horrable crap. When you open up a tire after using that stuff it's like a big snot inside.

Many tire shops will put an additional charge to fix a tire if you used fix a flat in it. I know we used too.

Bill

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

And you would even consider that a safe fix? Fix it properly or be prepared to change a tire on the road. If you don't have a spare, it would be an even costlier event.

Hmmm..NO I would not consider that a safe fix...

Just looking to move the boat around on my property...The tire isnt completely flat mind you...I dont have a air compresser (yet)..

Just for a week till I go get 5 new tires..dang overkill DA trailer! lol

Bass Tracker TX17

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fix a Flat is horrable crap. When you open up a tire after using that stuff it's like a big snot inside.

Many tire shops will put an additional charge to fix a tire if you used fix a flat in it. I know we used too.

Bill

I agree. I use a respirator and gloves when i pop one of them open. And yes i do a additional charge. just go get a air tank and fill it up at a station. then when you get a compressor you'll have a tank for emergencies.

It's real nasty stuff. Give the tire guys a break...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

maybe discovery channell will have a new series..
Deadliest tire changers..

I did read once that there were some fatalities and guys maimed from that stuff when they were butane based..They got a spark off a rim or whatever and that stuff hurt em bad..

To make all yall happy..she has enuff air to drag her to the gas station