Fishing Potomac River between Aquia Creek and 301 Bridge

phillyg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Any good fishermen out there that can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Just spent today and yesterday (10 daylight hours each) fishing the Potomac from Aquia Creek down to the 301 bridge on incoming, outgoing, and slack tides. Great weather, high 70's, and little breeze. I could see dozens of fish on the Garmin and not one, NOT ONE, bite. Oh wait, my granddaughter pull up an 8" striper next to the dock but I didn't think to use it for cut bait. Tried on top of the lumps just north of the 301 bridge and the big light just down from Fairview beach where the water roils and one would expect the fish to feed. Tried deep and shallow and in between. Did I say NOT ONE bite? Brother-in-law tried an assortment of lures, nothing. We didn't bother trolling because we don't think there are any stripers up that far. Tried worms, clam snouts, catfish doughs, and stinky dead baby shad from a package. I always say the bad day fishing is better than the best day in the office, but really, these two days were stinkers. Any suggestions.