Fishing License Fees

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
4 years ago the state of Ohio resident fishing license was $12,<br /><br />The last 3 years it went to $15.<br /><br />This year it is $19! :eek: <br /><br />Has your states fishing license increased this much? and how much do you pay for your residential license?<br /><br />Thanks

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fishing License Fees

Resident Fishing (Type 201): $23 in Texas

gaugeguy

Captain

Way more than that my friend. I'd be happy to pay only $19. Just a fishing liscence is $35, gone up $12 in the last 5 years. :mad: :mad:

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

On the surface that 10.50 looks cheap, however, there's a 1/8 cent sales tax on everything that goes into that, so even those who don't fish or hunt are helping pay, some *****, some don't. Everyone however, enjoys the resources. It works, and all the game wardens have nice new trucks, new four wheelers, new boats, new motors, while I drive my old Toyota with 205,000 miles and my homemade boat trailer and my flatbottom with my 86 Evinrude. I stop and buy $2.00 gal gas, overpriced twinkies and 2 dozen minnows and thank God for the privilege I have to enjoy the day, fish or no fish.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

In Florida the fee is $13.50 per year. Snook stamp is $2.00 extra and so is the crayfish stamp.<br />The crayfish stamp covers lobster and crab. <br />This is for recreational resident.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We get the $26 dollar special.<br />It's combined for myself and wifey pooh.

18rabbit

Captain

I don’t know what the current California regulations are, but I think you need a fishing license to take kelp…aka seaweed. Used to be a bag limit of 10-lbs/day in aggregate. I guess if you had a bad fishing you could grab a handful on your way in and you won’t feel like the day was a total loss. :D :D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Just to add to Trblshtr's reply, that $13.50 only covers one or the other, salt or fresh.<br />If you want both it's $27.00.<br />A saltwater license is only needed if you are in a boat. Shore, pier, ect... no license needed.<br /><br />Dave

Carphunter

Commander

So what your sayin is, I need a license to fish?<br />Where do I pick up one of these so called "Fishing Licenses". ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Actually, $14.25 in Indiana for resident Fishing only.<br /><br />$20.75 for resident Hunting and Fishing.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Either/or fresh or salt, the fee is $13.50..<br /><br />Florida has a combo fresh/saltwater which is $25.50, plus $2.00 for the snook stamp (if ya want it)...<br /><br />Even though saltwater fishing from land or pier, I think you still have to have a snook stamp if you wish to keep one in season..

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Individual is $17, husband & wife $25, Nonresident is $34/year. Yes the fees just keep going up. I am not a complainer though...Yippiee gonna go up again. :(

Stratosfied

Ensign

I go to the local Probate office each year when I renew the boat. I always ask " is this where I pay my fishing tax?" They say its not a tax but a license. Well, I say, to get a marriage license you have to be able to have some sort of testing, to get a drivers license you have to be tested, now to get a hunters license for the first time, you must pass a class. To get a fishing license all you have to do in Alabama is pay the fishing TAX of $9.50. Needless to say, I am probally not their favorite. ;)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Up here in NY it is $19 It did go up quite a bit.That is not the worst part of it though.<br />2 years ago some computer systems in N.Y. were combined.Now when you go out to buy a license,your name is run through the central computer system and on the spot the computer will check if you have any outstanding fines,parking tickets,if you are behind in alimony and I suspect it also knows whether or not you brushed your teeth this morning.<br />You will not get a license if you have anything outstanding against you.

FLATHEAD

Captain

17 bucks here in Pa. I dont feel that 17 dollars is too high for the great job the fish commision does with our lakes. Plus 5.50 if you want the trout stamp. Trout fishing in this state has become somewhat of a circus. I dont fish for trout but I do get a lot of entertainment from the trout guys fishing the stream behind my boys place. Second only to Ringling brothers and Barnum and Bailys. :D

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

thay do that in wi to romops and i was behind a guy in line when the cops walked in and toke him out he had a warrent and the dang macine called the cops on him

k5ranger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

$40.00 for a sportsmans license here in north carolina.(residence ofcourse). that covers all hunting and fishing of public game lands, trout, large and small game, primitive weapons, etc.<br />just have to pay extra $15 for a duck stamp to shoot at Daffy's folks

WoodRust

Seaman

Up here in BC Canada (residents only)<br /><br />Salt water license (with Salmon Tag) $28.89<br /><br />Freshwater license $36<br />Freshwater license Surchages (Salmon) $15<br /> (Steelhead) $25