Fishfinder transducers

etracer68

Ensign
I was wondering how many transducers can be mounted to the transome. I have two Humminbird's (141c, and Wide 3D Vision) and one Eagle Ultra ll. How far apart should they be? Will they pick-up signals from each other? Thanks for any help.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fishfinder transducers

Place three or four cone shaped paper cups upside down on your counter. Now extend an imaginary line down the side of each cup along the same plane as the cup. It should be immediately clear that even if the transducers were placed three feet apart they could interfere with each other. The deeper the water the greater the chance. Some folks have trouble with only two transducers -- one mounted each END of the boat.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Four fish finders on one boat??? Will you be running all four at the same time? If you provide some additional info of where you plan to mount each head unit and its primary purpose, might be able to suggest ideas. Otherwise, as Silvertip said, there is a high likelihood of at least some interference. Testing is the only way to know for sure of how much and which units are more prone to it.

ChampionShip

Petty Officer 1st Class

We run both a thru hull and a transom mount which don't seem to interfere with eachother. Running more than 1 on each frequency will likely mess with the signal and cause major interference.

etracer68

Ensign

Thanks, thats what I thought. I have three fish finders. I have the Eagle in the bow area, and two transducers going to it. A port side transome down 20 deg TD, and a side scan TD on the bow electric trolling motor. The Humminbird 3D vision is on the port side dash, with a starboard transome down 60 deg TD for when I'm driving the boat, and looking for 3D structure on bottom. The other Humminbird 141c is for Joanne, and its mounted at the stern, with a transome port side 20 deg TD. She likes the color. I dont think I would ever need all three on at one time, or would have them all on. I just added the 141c for her. A happy wife on the boat, is always better then a good day fishing, with a gruppy wife.