Fish on................NOT !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tackle Box

Cadet
Here's another day of fishing for my brother and me. We were out trolling for Salmon on the Willamette river, then all of a sudden my brothers rod went slamming down , with him yelling FISH ON( ! ), only to realize he was hooked up with a guy on the bank who was fighting an over sized sturgeon. I then reeled my line up to the back of the boat while it was still in the water, holding the current as my brother is still wrapped up with the guy on the bank. Then suddenly my rod goes slamming down, I yell FISH ON(!!!!) as my rod is thumping, taking line, and I realize something is just not right here . About that time, the line wraps around the tip, preventing more drag.... and then guess what ? ...... my rod goes slamming down into the PROP :eek: :eek: resulting in my two piece rod becoming a three piece rod. The day ended with no fish, but one great story. And by the way..... my brother cut his line so at least the guy on the bank got his sturgeon, and we went home.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
If I had a Toonie, a Canadian dollar coin, for every time I yelled FISH ON !!!! My jeans would be too heavy to lift them up to my 6 pack abbs, errrr now a 1 pack belly I got as a 65th Birth Day gift. Cutting the line was the exactly right thing to do. Breaking my rod would break my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.