Fish Finder screen went "blue" on me?

BBogey

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey,<br /><br />I was using my fish finder (Eagle Fisheasy II) this weekend, and it looked like it was off. I hit the power button and nothing. After doing this for quite some time, I popped the fuse out and put it back and tried hitting the power again.<br /><br />This time it came on like always but only for about 1 second, then went dark blue. I can't shut it off or on, or change the screen from this position. I have to pop the fuse out to shut it down, then I go through the same frustrating thing...<br /><br />ANY ideas???? I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow evening, so if anyone can help me out, I'll thank you in advance, and check in tomorrow, and then when I get back from vacation.<br /><br />THANNKS,<br /><br />Bogey

CatCruzer

Cadet
Re: Fish Finder screen went "blue" on me?

BBogey <br /><br />Is the fuse coroded?<br /><br />CatCruzer

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

was it out in the sun lcd's will turn blue or black if they get hot or are in direct sunlight and i can't read mine if i have polarized glasses on

BBogey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys,<br /><br />Sorry I asked a question and then had all sorts of problems, and here I check back in a month + later!<br /><br />I don't think it was near hot enough to mess up anything, I've been in much hotter weather for longer periods of time. <br /><br />I had been going through fuses lately? No rhyme or reason to how long one would last? Several trips, one trip?<br /><br />I ended up sending it back to Lorance/Eagle for their standard $69 we'll repair what ever you send us. <br /><br />I'll say this, GREAT turn around time, I just wish I knew what was wrong and what they did??? Oh well, I'm back in action again! :) <br /><br />THANKS!<br /><br />Bogey

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Unit should not be going through fuses. Mine has been good for the last 7 years. Is your fuse for the unit in or near water? Want to make sure all your wiring is above water level and that there isnt any bare wire exposed to you boat hull. Your fuse should be as close to the battery as you can make it. The other thing is check the contact pins on the end of the cable pluging into the unit and the ones on the unit. Make sure they are a nice shade of brown and not green. If they are green try some baking soda and water and blow them dry with a lot of air.