Fish Finder Recommendation: Small Freshwater Lakes

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok. I am aware that there are probably 1 million threads about fish finders, so I will make it 1 million & 1. :) (since I think it's a personal issue)<br />I mainly fish on smaller shallow lakes (under 30 foot) & mainly for panfish.<br />I have a cheap-o humminbird 100sx. While I feel it works fine for depth, I have a problem finding structure. <br />I thought about a Furono LS4100 but think it may be overkill for my needs. <br />Wal-Mart has a Eagle Fishmark 320 on sale for $168.00. <br />I just called my local Furono dealer, doesnt stock them but can order them at a price of $230<br /><br />Can anyone give any other recommendations of a sub-$200 finder? <br />If I should be asking any other questions about what I do with it let me know :) <br />Thanks a bunch Iboats. You're always such a big help.

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fish Finder Recommendation: Small Freshwater Lakes

I've chimed in several times supporting the Eagle 320. I've had it for about 1.5 years and has never let me down yet. By fishing smaller, shallow lakes, high power won't be as important. I can spot 'eyes on the bottom in 40 ft of water with my 320.<br />Go for it. Good unit at a good price.<br />Dman

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll second the Eagle 320. I've been more than satisfied with mine. If you want a lot of in-depth analyses of fishfinders and how they work and why some are better than others, search for ThomWV's posts in this forum. He always seems to have a few hundred relevant and informative things to say on these matters. There is another recent thread about that model Furuno just below.

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks you two. <br />After much consideration I think I've decided to go with the Furuno. <br />About the Fishmark 320- the $169 Walmart was an online price only, I called locally but no one had it. d.i.ck.s sporting goods had it but wanted $199 (asssuming this model had the speed/temp transducer as that's the higher price model).<br />I've been reading ThomWV's posts & he highly praises this model & I hear nothing but good about these units. <br />Since I'm going to wait till my next payday to buy one, I'm going to buy the LS4100. I found them for $199.00 online. <br />Thanks again. I'll give a JoeSixPack review when I get it ;)