Fish every where but not even a nibble

dwco5051

Commander
Started out a two days ago for an afternoon of fishing. Nice bright sunny Fall day, sun shining bright. Left the dock and headed for a good spot and the sun was reflecting off my fish finder when I turned it on. Got close to my spot and saw two large schools as I slowed down. Stopped and fished over them for ten or twenty minutes and not even a bite. Moved a hundred feet or so and more fish showed up but no luck. Same with the third spot. Crossed the lake into an area with about 8 feet of water and was showing fish but looked closer and the depth was reading 29 feet.

Lesson learned, don’t waste an half hour or more of time when you push the button for simulation mode rather than real time. Second thing I learned is the paddle wheel does show real speed in simulation but not the real water temperature.

dwco5051

Commander
I was going to say that you can't blame not catching any fish on me! I wasn't anywhere near you THIS TIME!
This was my partner getting ready for the trip. At least she did not catch more than I did. Me 0. Ella 0.DSC04956.JPG

aspeck

Staff member
Note to self, when fishing with DWCO, don't catch more than he does or you will never be invited back ... :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

MRS

Commander
Hey seeing all those fish gave you hope to get them. Your first hint should have been when Ella did not throw a line out.:p

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I bet you were using live bait instead of artificial or simulated lures.

dwco5051

Commander
I bet you were using live bait instead of artificial or simulated lures.
Nope, 3/16 oz round head jig with either white or chartreuse 1 1/2" twister tail. The same lures I have not been catching fish with ever since Aspeck put the jinx on me.

dwco5051

Commander
What is it worth to remove the jinx? ;)o_O
Get ready for Spring Speck. I was taking a cow up town to sell today and ran into a guy who needed a cow. I traded the cow for the five magic jig heads he offered me. Look out, I think the jinx is over. I was a little confused though as to why he kept calling me Jack.

bassman284

Commander
Get ready for Spring Speck. I was taking a cow up town to sell today and ran into a guy who needed a cow. I traded the cow for the five magic jig heads he offered me. Look out, I think the jinx is over. I was a little confused though as to why he kept calling me Jack.
You should be fine as long as you don't plant them.

aspeck

Staff member
You are on come spring!