Fish box liners ?

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The Trophy fish boxes collect water and dirt. Undersized drains plug easily. My bait well and fish box drain into a small sump box that contains a float switch and pump. I'm not impressed.

After long thought, I believe the best fix for the fish boxes would be to fashion a plastic removable liner. Just pull the liner, fish, guts and scales from the box and transport/clean etc the liners.

Now, I could use flat pieces of starboard and screw together an inner liner or, I've heard of people heating and bending some types of plastic. Depending on how easy that is, it may save screwing seams together.

I could make them out of canvas. Canvas would be easier to make and would be washable.

Does anyone make pre made plastic fish box liners?

Fed up

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fish box liners ?

dont know if they make them but I do know a shop vac will clean out all the debits left in the livewell.

reel clownz

Seaman

good idea with some sort of liner. Also with the shop vac. But i also have another solution. I was looking at my 2352 fish boxes. i can run a drain line from the back side of the box to the scuppers. The holes in the floor that drain to the outside with little rubber flappers on them. I was going to put a 1" tee in line run the new hoses to the tee...no more worries water blah blah blah..get the wash down... spray er down water goes to the outside. now i didnt do this yet it was just something i was thinking about . If i can do it i will take some pics and put them on here. Now as for the premade fish box liner you would have to take a plaster cast or something then have something molded with some sort of injected plastic or something to make them right. I know this can be done but i think it would be such a pain in the arse!! good luck

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good idea on the plaster cast. I understand some of the thinner plastics can be shaped if heated.

On my Trophy, the fish box drains are a good 7" below the deck drain scuppers.

Liners are being used on Arimas with good results. Using them on Trophy's should work as well

Monterey10

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay, I just talked to a guy that was able to use rubber maid boxes in his fish box. It seems like you would have to glue two together to get enough length for one of our fish boxes.

reel clownz

Seaman

i wonder if you could go to walmart or target and get one of those plastic bins for like keeping clothes and stuff in. I know they make some small ones and big ones. That also would be a good idea. Or here is another idea. Go to a major home center. home depot, lowes, whatever and go to the garden center and get a roll of pond liner. Its flexible and you could almost mold it to ur fish box. Then just apply some gorilla glue to the edges and blam there you go.!!

hookemdano

Cadet

Craig,

Mine is a 1997 2352...I didn't like the fish blood nor salt water draining into my bilge...so what I did was...I removed that bilge sump box and pump and installed another bilge pump in its place. What I did with the fish boxes, I put a hose on the existing drain outlet, the hose goes to a pump, a Rule 500gph, and then a hose from the pump to a thru-hull well above the water line, about where the bilge pump thru-hull was located. I put a switch on the dash for each fish box, I can fill them with fresh sea water with my wash down system, and I can drain them when I want with the flip of that switch on the dash. Hope this makes sense...if not, ask and I can try and explain better...pics if need be...enjoy....love the boat it fishes great...

My bait well, doesn't drain in the bilge, it flows out the scuppers.The hose is below deck and then comes to an outlet that raises it to deck level and then it drains out the scupper hole, strange setup, but it does work out fine.