first time buyer

morsut33

Recruit
Any feedback on a 2004 odyssey lextra 2502, it comes with the 4.3 liter I/o (220hp). She is a tritoon, and looks to be in excellent shape. Anything I should know before spending $20 grand on what I hope will be a great family boat.

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: first time buyer

Seems a tad high for a 10 yr old barge, but it is a 25' er. Sounds like a nice package. Just realize that accesibility on an I/O equipped barge for routine maint. is challenging at best. Good luck !!!

morsut33

Recruit

Any feedback on a 2004 odyssey lextra 2502, it comes with the 4.3 liter I/o (220hp). She is a tritoon, and looks to be in excellent shape. Anything I should know before spending $20 grand on what I hope will be a great family boat.
Ya I'm kind of nervous about the whole I/o, but was told the motor has low hours, and very well maintained by previous owner, whom left with a $60,000.00 pontoon boat. Evidently money is no issue for him. I can't believe I'm looking at this, but it does appear to be in great shape, and has many working amenities. We'll see

ahicks

Captain

I'd be nervous about engine/accessory access too. As I generally do all my own work, I'd hate to find out after the fact that the center 'toon needs to be dropped for routine service work? Not saying that's the case, but I'd sure want to know more about it, and give it a real good looking over. If you don't feel comfortable making that call, get a 3rd party involved. Maybe one of the mobile service guys that services your boat at home?

If you're going to be trailering to/from the lake routinely, and you can't justify a tow vehicle able to do that easily otherwise, that might give me pause too!

Otherwise, I've had several Mercruisers I/O's that have held up well for years without issue....

morsut33

Recruit

I'd be nervous about engine/accessory access too. As I generally do all my own work, I'd hate to find out after the fact that the center 'toon needs to be dropped for routine service work? Not saying that's the case, but I'd sure want to know more about it, and give it a real good looking over. If you don't feel comfortable making that call, get a 3rd party involved. Maybe one of the mobile service guys that services your boat at home?

If you're going to be trailering to/from the lake routinely, and you can't justify a tow vehicle able to do that easily otherwise, that might give me pause too!

Otherwise, I've had several Mercruisers I/O's that have held up well for years without issue....

Turns out I was not able to the secure loan, thinking to much for to old a boat. I'm currently looking at a sunchaser cruiser 22, new, 115hp Yamaha outboard pontoon with lifting strakes, underbody aluminum. It's slightly more, but brand new. Any thoughts o n these boats