First Time Boater restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickerboat

Recruit
My buddy bought a cheap 1982 Hydra Sport Bandit boat. It is in rough condition. But being young and dumb we want to rebuild it. The hull and body have retained their fiberglass integrity and has no problems. The biggest issue we have is the floor to begin with. The wood is rotten and needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know if the boat will come apart? And repair the floor that way or if it will be a patch job?

Also any information or direction to parts lists or manuals would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance an I look forward to becoming an active community member over the course of this project and further on.

picflight

Cadet
Re: First Time Boater restoration

Post pictures, it helps to visualize what you are dealing with.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Think you boys better start reading the rebuild posts here to get a better understanding of what you are up against. A rotted floor ususally indicates so much more as is echoed throughout most of these posts.. Usually also a lot of time, effort and money are also involved so be prepared!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Hi and welcome to the Iboats.com dry dock, Wickerboat...
Like the previous posters have mentioned, get a free photobucket account and post up pics and read through some of the ongoing resto threads here to get familiarized with what you are headed for...
Here is an awesome link that will get you started...
http://forums.iboats.com/boat-resto...r/how-tos-other-great-information-288451.html
We'll be here to help you out with any info you'll need to make this a project to be proud of and be be able to enjoy for many years to come.
Best of luck and have fun!
GT1M:)

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I'll tag along,................

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Looking into my crystal ball, I see many long hours of work ahead of you. But I also see a nice finished boat you will be proud of IF you make the decision to continue after seeing what is involved. The fact that you have a suspect floor means so much more rot below... But so many others have started exactly where you are right now. If you have the ambition to continue, this iboat website is the best place to dry-dock it... Need those pictures for starters like others stated...

New to this forum, I have a 1993 Hyrda Sport 185. I have a pretty substantial soft spot next to the helm, between the 2 captain seats. I plan on cutting up some of the carpet this week to determine how much rot I am dealing with. I am wondering if any in this forum has repaired their mid section flooring due to soft spots.
Any info or photo's would be greatly appreciated.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.