First post - New project

I've been checking out these fourms for a few weeks now. Tons of usefull info on here. I got a free Sunray last week. GT145. Its in great shape condisdering! I'm in the middle of replaceing the stringers/floor. The floor was half @ssed repaired and they skimped out on the fiberglass. So I'm going to do it right so it'll last and be safe. (just have to come up with the extra chash for resin and cloth) anyways heres a link of the project. I'm about 5 hours in so far.

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/thecanadiangypsy/sunray%20rebuild/

Anyone know a place in southren Ontario to get cheap resin/hardner/mat?

coolness

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: First post - New project

Hey there Canadian. Looks like it'll be a nice boat when completed. Always cool to see a resurrected boat. :)

Doernuth

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice. Welcome aboard!

Any ideas for power when you get the interior done?

16'Starcraft_StoneyCreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey, check out North York Marine on the web. You may find it there. BTW, where is that boat bone yard? I need a windscreen.

tallcanadian

Captain

Welcome to the forum, awesome looking boat. i love these low profile Sunrays. They look awesome in the water too. Don't forget to check the transom as well. If the deck and stringers are bad, more than likely the transom is too. A 50 would be awesome on this boat. Push you along in the low 50kph. Good luck on the build. Take your time and have fun.

You know what....i'm trying to pull this off with out removing the top half of the boat!
Q) would a 60hp make that much more of a differance?

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great looking boat! I love those sunrays, very very cool boats! I look forward to watching your progress.

tallcanadian

Captain

A 60 would help a bit, not much. legally, the boat is rated only for a 50, but you can put on it what you want. lol.

amclaker

Cadet

My father had one of these when I was growing up. He purchased it used with a 70hp Evinrude and we could get 48 mph out of it. They are only rated for a 50hp but I knew of a few more in our area that had 70's on them, I guess not much thought was put to overpowering back in the day.
Good luck on the restoration.