First Class Outboards.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtormey

Recruit
Has anyone had experience buying an outboard from firstclassoutboards.com? According to their website they are the largest seller of outboard motors in the United States, but I find no information about them on the internet except their website. The website was just created in 2021, so it seems sketchy to me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. Any company who is claiming to sell you a brand new Mercury Verado 300hp outboard for $11,000.00 would have me seriously doubting their legitimacy.

Alpineman1

Recruit
Sent them an email on there website a few days ago and no reply, also no phone number on the website just says they have a New York warehouse. On the bottom of there site when you click on Twitter, Facebook or instagram does not work did a search on FB & Instagram and did not find them. I think I'll stay away.

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Several years ago while searching for a new outboard for my boat I came across one of these "good deal" websites.I contacted Yamaha and was told that the "good deal" company was not a Yamaha dealer. Even IF it were true Yamaha would not honor any warranty plus the motors would not be EPA approved. This subject has come up in the past, do a search here and you should find more samples of other scam "cheap" outboard sites.

rtormey

Recruit
Based on Mike's comment on an earlier thread I contacted Suzuki about this "company" and they likewise said they are not an authorized dealer. I've since found a 2022 Suzuki 20hp on Facebook with 8 hours on it. I grabbed it for $2300 so I'm a happy boater at this point. Thanks to all for your input.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
And, I would think that if they were truly the largest seller of outboard motors in the US, they and their website would be around a lot longer than a year.

wdegroar

Recruit
Several years ago while searching for a new outboard for my boat I came across one of these "good deal" websites.I contacted Yamaha and was told that the "good deal" company was not a Yamaha dealer. Even IF it were true Yamaha would not honor any warranty plus the motors would not be EPA approved. This subject has come up in the past, do a search here and you should find more samples of other scam "cheap" outboard sites.
I thought that site might be legit, like the motors are 2019, 2020 2021, so thought they may have just been motors that didn't sell. Then i added a motor to my cart, went to check out and there was no sales tax being charged. I live in Maryland and any company that sells in md has to charge sales tax.- there was no sales tax charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.