First boat project

soggybottom

Cadet
I bought an '87 Mirrocraft on a Skipper B trailer this summer. The boat is fiberglass and is 16' long with a 50 hp Johnson outboard. Everything on the boat looks like it was well cared for except the carpeting. So, when the fishing stopped, I brought the boat home and put it in my garage and started to take it apart. I have removed all of the seats, rails, wood trim, and the passenger side console. I left the drivers console because I didn't want to fool around with the steering assembly. The carpet (on the floor) came out in one piece! So I can use it for a template when my new carpet comes (if it ever does! been waiting two weeks).The floor is plywood covered with fiberglass and is solid as a bullet. Lots of fun working on this boat, but, I didn't realize how much there is to it! I really like the hull design and this boat is very comfortable on the water. The motor runs good (after I changed the gas tank!) The original tank was cracked where the gas cap screwed on and the motor kept losing it's prime. Cost me $300 at the marina to find that out! Really enjoy this site!

bubbakat

Captain
Re: First boat project

sounds like you came out on top of this one. :D <br />good deal keep her dry when not in use and maintain should give you several years of service.