FIREWORKS TIED TO 8,800 INJURIES

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: FIREWORKS TIED TO 8,800 INJURIES

I take this subject very seriously and am compassionate about making people cognizant of the hazards and potential life altering injuries that can occur.<br /><br />While exercising your rights to freedom, please take a moment to be aware of the situation and any potential danger. <br /><br />It is your right to get stupid falling down drunk and shoot off fireworks and mame yourself or an innocent bystander. Its up to you whether or not you exercise it.<br /><br />Thanks for listening. Y'all have a safe one.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My favorite stand up comic of all time, Brother Dave Gardner was also a great philosopher.<br /><br />Example: "There's no such thing as an accident. There's only ignorance and premeditated carelessness."<br /><br />Thanks, Ladyfish for working on number one.<br /><br />For you guys who want to make flip comments: People who have lost loved ones and/or had their children severely injured by irresponsible or ignorant use of fireworks will read this. Please respect their feelings.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I take this subject very seriously and am compassionate about making people cognizant of the hazards and potential life altering injuries that can occur.
A very laudable undertaking on your part, LadyFish. You do know however, that some, with your sentiment, would try their best to parlay that into legislation against fireworks. A real shame that would be. We see too much of that kind of misguided legislation.

ob

Admiral

Down here in Corpus Christi it is against city ordinance to even HAVE fireworks within the city limits.All of the firecracker stands by order of Fire Marshal are located outside the city limits.You can buy and shoot off all that you want ,so long as it's out of the city limits.Lots of locations to do so.People down here shoot em anyway.Lots of them.So many ,that it looks like a city wide display.These are the people that will eventually cause us all to lose our right to buy and shoot em off.Not abiding by your local laws and discharging them anyway is simply irresponsible.<br /><br />I shoot them off every year with my family out in the country ,out of the city limits away from where they can cause damage.Where you're supposed to do it.At least down here.<br /><br />When I was growing up ,my Dad and my brothers and I use to own and operate cracker stands for a few extra bucks which helped send one of my sisters through Med school.So ,I understand the tradition and passion many have for Fourth of July and New Years fireworks.You just got to do it legally or you will lose your right and cause others to lose their right to buy and use fireworks.Nobody's trying to take anybody's rights away from them so long as they don't need to. So shoot off all you want,just don't hit me or my one of my family members with one or start my house on fire.