FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: Finaly got my boat to plane does this look right?
Alrighty then, bigger then I thought. I don't remember putting ones as big as they recommend on my old 24' SeaRay cuddy? but I must have, so be it. All I know is they were a pretty penney!
Re: Finaly got my boat to plane does this look right?
current trim tabs are 12X12's. the boat takes for ever to plane. before the boat wouldn't plane at all due to the wrong ratio in the upper drive. I think what is now happening is when i start to accell i have the tabs fully down. Me and supernova are now thinking there crewating too much drag and that's why the boat is slow to plane.Hopefully taking the boat out tomorrow night and i'm going to try getting onto plane with the tabs fully up. On are 19 footer i installed the sx smart tabs which use a spring loaded actuator. The bennett tabs use hydrulic fluid to keep them in the desired position which i totally forgot about...lol I also have the new tops for the actuators so that i can c what position the tabs are in.
Re: Finaly got my boat to plane does this look right?
Hi Lime4x4,
I have a 1985 260 Sundancer and I?m having a hard time getting it to plane as well. What size prop are you using on yours? Although everyone says to get rid of the hydrofoil, did it make a difference? Have you weighed your boat to see if it?s the proper weight?
Feel free to email me at cptkid570@aol.com if you?d like to discuss this more?