FINALY- A break in the weather!!

pduquette

Ensign
Wow ,Two sweet days in a row ! I got my boat untarped + aired out . Took several measurements to fit steering and calculate paint . Started stripping the old paint on my hull . got about 1/8 cleared down to the sandy tan color ,guess you'll always be surprised at what you find underneath old paint :redface: Now that i'm in high gear we're getting more wet snow and have to wait.....:(

pduquette

Ensign
Re: FINALY- A break in the weather!!

I got my new prop thursday , gave it a quick try before running to work and it didn't seem to fit......ARRGH !! I went back and tried today , Noticed it was part of my skeg repair that was in the way . After clearing back the offensive work It now fits fine !! Now I've got the itch to try it out !!
BTW. It's a COMPROP 13.5 x 15 4 blade - I'm hopeing it serves me well - there dosen't seen to be lots of first hand info here , so I'll guinnipig it for the cause . Hey for $90.00 I'll bite .

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Hi pduquette - Are you putting it on your 50hp? If so, let me know how she runs, I'll be in the market for a new prop if I ever get that da%# transom done.:rolleyes: What pitch did you get?

Are you planning on repainting the boat once you're done stripping it?

BOB

pduquette

Ensign

Yes Bob I'm looking to try it on j50 .It is a 15p , my 3 blade was an aluminum 17p .
I'm planning to roll n' tip the hull in Rustolium marine bright white . I want to do the top in a sea green /tuquoise - maybe with a white detail....:cool:
most of the current paint looks like an old oil based flat white with big chips staining etc . Ugly boat syndrome:D

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Let me know how the prop pushes when you get on the water. Let's see some pictures!!:D:D

pduquette

Ensign

Ok guys , as i'm removing the paint from my hull I'm finding it was originaly a sandy tan - anyone else got a lapstrake in anything other than white ??
I'll try to upload my picts to pb. and add the link . PS when I scraped off where the logo was , the MFG was sunburned into the fg !!! That makes the color combo Turquoise and tan .....got starboard side done too ..
Bob , I keep everyone posted . I'll take some picts of the prop and add them too .
http://
Picture320.jpg
Thanks for any help , peter

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

"Ok guys , as i'm removing the paint from my hull I'm finding it was originaly a sandy tan - anyone else got a lapstrake in anything other than white ??"

Me Do! :D:D it's called Tahiti Sand. Had my gelcoat custom matched to it. I like the looks!

Ed

pduquette

Ensign

Ok cool , I tried to find info in the brochures but only noted deck colors listed . I kinda like it too - would changing colors require a title change? peter

woosterken

Lieutenant

my hull is not white either,more almond

IM000005.jpg

woosterken

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi Guys,
The '68 catalog has my Edinboro, and the MFG factory color lists it as, Tahiti Sand. I mixed my Gelcote ... 1gal with 2, 4 once yellow and 1, 4 oz. brown containers of pigment. Took it to a paint store and had it computer matched. Came pretty close. :D I'm sure paint would yield the same results..

Regards,
Ed

pduquette

Ensign

Well guys , I'm still rushing away to get ready for spring . So far I got the hull scraped (except where I couldn't reach with out flipping it over ) . Ordered my paint , ordered my rotory steering and linkarm . that leaves me needing to stripp , fill , and sand the topsides , remove the cable and pully steering , drop the motor , fix the skeg again , do the impeller , adjust the jack up , flip the hull , finish the keel area , sand it all and paint ...... tick , tick , tick , well back to work . peter

Oh then there's a fish / depth finder and cooltunes ---but there not necesities yet .:D

Last edited: