Finally Said It

NYMINUTE

Captain
Sunday 10 AM. Heat index 100*, expected to hit 116* by 1PM. Wifey said "Its too hot to Boat today!" I agreed. Never in 12 years has that happened. Saturday was terrific. So I guess we made the right choice. Jeeze it is hot, and humid! :eek: :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Finally Said It

Yea NYM, suppose to get hot here today up into the triple digits.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Sunday 10 AM. Heat index 100*, expected to hit 116* by 1PM. Wifey said "Its too hot to Boat today!" I agreed. Never in 12 years has that happened. Saturday was terrific. So I guess we made the right choice. Jeeze it is hot, and humid! :eek: :rolleyes:
First time ya agreed in 12 years NYM? man thats got to be some kind of record ;) ;) :D <br /><br /> Went out Sat 11:30 AM until 9:00 PM Temp hit 97, heard the heat index was 109. Yesterday out from 2:30 till 6:15, did not seem nearly as hot. Today there is a heat advisory for most of the state (SC) thank god for AC.

SpinnerBait_Nut

UPDATE: Just look out at my decorative pond and the frogs have sunscreen and sunglasses on.<br />Man it is getting there now.<br />Heat up to 97*

rwise

Captain

Its been 100 to 103 the last few days, went fishing sat morning 5:30 am. came in about 10:30 pm. AFTER it rained like crazy, no electric bilge pump on my old boat (yet) 6" of water in the boat! The heat don't bother me much, lots of shade trees and a little breeze, all is good.

KaGee

Admiral

Yep... too hot to work on the boat for sure. All I have to do is put on the drive.... but it's toooooo hot!

JB

We think we get used to hot here in TX. Been over 100 several times in the past week or so.<br /><br />In 1994 I went to LOTW in Canada and found it 103 for a couple of days. Dang near killed me. If I hadn't kept my shirt and hat wet it might have even interfered with the fishing. It really interfered with sleeping, though.

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, i treat this as a blizzard.. <br /><br />just hunker down the best ya can..

Drowned Rat

Captain

We're having a cold wave this week. It's only about 105 down from 116. Brrrrrrr! :cool:

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

We quit work at 11:30am. Too d*mn hot to work outside!<br /><br />Wind from the WNW (300 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT) gusting to 18 MPH (16 KT) <br />Visibility 9 mile(s) <br />Sky conditions clear <br />Temperature 95.0 F (35.0 C) <br />Heat index 104.5 F (40.3 C) <br />Dew Point 73.0 F (22.8 C) <br />Relative Humidity 49% <br />Pressure (altimeter) 29.96 in. Hg (1014 hPa) <br />Pressure tendency 0.02 inches (0.8 hPa) lower than three hours ago<br /><br />That's from the Port Columbus website, btw.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Been in the mid 90's for a while..<br />Currently outside, sunny, 87 degrees.. :cool:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

When the temps are to the extreme is when I really hate my job. Our stores HVAC units are roof top. My tools and equipment have roofing tar on them, my shoes are all covered with the stuff. Yesterday everyone complaining about their A/C not working. Finally I got some lawn sprinkers and put on the condenser coils. That will make em happy until they get their water bill.

Moody Blue

Captain

as posted by JB<br />"We think we get used to hot here in TX. Been over 100 several times in the past week or so.<br /><br />In 1994 I went to LOTW in Canada and found it 103 for a couple of days. Dang near killed me. If I hadn't kept my shirt and hat wet it might have even interfered with the fishing. It really interfered with sleeping, though."<br /><br />JB, your right on the money there. There is hot and then there is hot and humid. We have had an incrediblbe hot summer so far and the humidity has made things unbearable. Week after week we are seeing temps of 30-35C with humidity readings of 70% and higher. The odd day when the humidity clears the temps actually seem comfortable. Its like living in a sauna 24/7. Never too hot to go boating though :cool:

FSHKPR

Ensign

WOW!! sorry its never to hot do go on the boat. to hot to fish? yeah but never to hot to putt around or better yet anchor and just lay in water. especially in nice spring fed lake where the water is a little cooler. sunday was 96 very humid not sure what the heat index was, but we were on the pontoon all day. couple styro noodles and few coctails, sure was better than sitting in the air conditioned house.