Finally got it wet

Neverquit

Seaman
Many a boat has been lost due to anchor dragging and winding the line up around the prop, a snagged anchor with the prop being a windless will sink a boat quick. Glad that it drug along and that didn't happen.

I would guess it could get ugly quick especially if the anchor was tied off at the stern.

Fortunately mine was tied off to the bow and my boat does not have anywhere near the power it would take to get a 20 lb anchor to do anything more than drag along the bottom, though with a long enough rope on it or in shallow water I imagine it could still reach the prop.

Neverquit

Seaman
Well after not saying hello on here for a few months I figured I should stop in and thank everyone for all the great advise and tips that helped us make it through this season.

In all we got out over a dozen times this year and are quite happy with the old girl.

Been below freezing for almost a month now so she is winterized and packed away until spring.

Did finally decide where to mount the rod holders and they worked well on the last trip out.

Next comes sorting and shipping calves this weekend followed by tearing down the neighbors OMC leg that is taking on water in the upper case.

Thanks again everyone, I am sure to be back with a new set of stupid questions before long, if not then ( Wow just looked at the calendar) a Merry Christmas to you all.