FINAL UPDATE: Yamaha loss of performance and efficiency

Laveread

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
24
Here is the final update to the loss of performance and efficiency of my Yamaha 4 stroke 225 powered Pro Sports 2550CC.<br /><br />After various engine diagnostics and numerous runs on the water the final numbers are in. It was decided that a Yamaha Salt Water Series 15 X 17 prop would be the prop of choice. Although I am not back to the top speed of 49mph once achieved I am back up to 45mph at 6,000rpm. 4mph less but I now have hole shots that take half the time. I have regained efficiency and actually surpassed what I had on my old hull. Cruising at 4,800rpm I am now at 35mph vice the old hull's 32mph. This number is 7mph better then what I was getting right before I brought the boat in to get fixed.<br /><br />I have to praise Adam Munch of Boathouse Discount Marine in Melbourne, FL for his hard work and determination to put me back in a boat that I would be happy with. Total cost to me??? Nada, zip, nothing...he also did a full service on my motor at no charge. I'm not saying he will do this for everyone else but if you want a honest, hard working, excellent mechanic then he is the man.<br /><br />It was determined that the loss of top speed was due to the added weight when Pro Sports re-enforced the hull.<br /><br />I will answer any more questions about what he did, just ask here.
 

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
502
Re: FINAL UPDATE: Yamaha loss of performance and efficiency

Wow, Better hole shot, faster cruising, and it sounds like you found a good dealer in the process. What else could you ask for! <br /><br />It’s a Christmas Miracle!<br /><br />Mac
 
Top