field boats

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
All my brothers are huge boaters, we made the change from river runners (much younger then) to boats.<br /><br />We got an idea, but can't make the idea work. <br /><br />Ever seen all the boats (abandoned) in backyards or fields, we call them field boats. We are trying to figure a use for these field boats, but just can't come up with anything, but the potential is there for something.<br /><br />Any Ideas?

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: field boats

Look good with a couple of chickens strutting about.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

When using them as yard ornaments it is considered tacky to not have at least two "tire planters" on each side. A couch right in front will also help. If you can coordinate the couch and the boats colors it is even better.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> When using them as yard ornaments it is considered tacky to not have at least two "tire planters" on each side. A couch right in front will also help. If you can coordinate the couch and the boats colors it is even better.
but you left out the old cast iron tub burried half out of the ground with a statue of mary and some plastic flowers nestled inside.<br /><br /> :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Barlow:<br />
Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> When using them as yard ornaments it is considered tacky to not have at least two "tire planters" on each side. A couch right in front will also help. If you can coordinate the couch and the boats colors it is even better.
but you left out the old cast iron tub burried half out of the ground with a statue of mary and some plastic flowers nestled inside.<br /><br /> :D
Are you guys making fun of my house????? :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

ROFL @ KB! :D <br /><br />Gotta be sure them tire planters are painted white! Tracter tires works the best.....snick!<br /><br />Learn sompin new every day.... I thought the art of "Yard Ornaments" was only practiced in West Virginia! Never knew it has spread as far as Utah.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Don't forget the.....
flamingo.gif

dolluper

Captain

Put one in the front with a sign Gone fishing see you when the tide comes back

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I always wanted to know, what happened to the trailer?<br /><br />Why not burn the boats, should make a good bonfire.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

LOL @ GG :D <br /><br />As we speak, surely someone over in the restoration forum is complaing about the waste of an otherwise reuseable hull!<br /> :D <br /> :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

hey gg, i think i saw that boat on ebay!!!!!!!!!

eeboater

Commander

Do you think it is possible to cut a hole in the bottom of the boat, set it on an Old Jeep CJ7 frame, bolt it down...<br /><br />Boat car!<br /><br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Do you think it is possible to cut a hole in the bottom of the boat, set it on an Old Jeep CJ7 frame, bolt it down...<br /><br />Boat car!<br /><br /><br />Sean
Hey...ya can try anything once.<br />But it's like SS says.... It may float, then again it may not!

FSHKPR

Ensign

i wanted to use one as a ornament in front of the cottage but my wife is not going for it. i figured stick with the bow raised and i have an old 71/2 hp elgin motor that i just figure is not worth fixing. was going to put that on it then plant blue impaitents all around with a big spray of white ones right behind the motor. would that be so tacky?

brother chris

Commander

We found one(10foot wooden) at a campsite, just off shore(at a very small lake). It was at the bottom of the lake. <br />So 5 of us dove down and took all the rocks out of it and brought it up to the surface. <br />Realized that is was bunk(holes in it on both sides), so we pushed it out from shore and threw rocks back into it until it sank back where it came from, da bottom.<br />It was a fun 3 hours.

ebbtide176

Commander

fshkpr has the latest info on vogue yard boating ideas ;) <br /><br />i was thinking if you got the room, just buy all you can and turn them upside down on some cinder blocks to start your own cockfighting farm. those roosters gotta keep dry, and still have something to sharpen their spikes on...