fiberglass

427hawk

Seaman
hello again , one question for ya all , anybody have any good ways to get fiberglass resin off your skin , the only thing i have found that works is a sos pad but darn hard on the skin , i wear gloves and try to stay well clothed but never fails , gets on the skin , any thoughts ???

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: fiberglass

Acetone will cut polyester resin (maybe epoxy too), but also hard on the skin.. :eek: <br /><br />I have also used WD-40 to remove polyester resin that was'nt dry.. Works great..

427hawk

Seaman

yea never thought about that, always have a can of d-40 around ,i will have to try that thanks!!!

mbrueck

Cadet

The epoxy I used for building my boat (System-3) states in their literature not to use solvents to remove the epoxy from skin. Using solvents allows the epoxy to penetrate under the skin. I wiped off what I could and within a couple of days the rest would fall off. I'd check with the manufacturer about what they recommend.

crab bait

Captain

the best thing hands-down to remove UN-cured EPOXY off body ,parts,, things,, an tools is ,, vinegar...just regular ole vinegar...