Fiberglass

paul2112

Seaman
Anyone have any remarks on the fiberglass rolls that can be bought on Ebay... Like this one woven roving, 18oz, 36"wide 210 ft long $125(shippings a bit high maby) any good places online that anyone has had evperience with? Thanks

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fiberglass

Anyone have any remarks on the fiberglass rolls that can be bought on Ebay... Like this one woven roving, 18oz, 36"wide 210 ft long $125(shippings a bit high maby) any good places online that anyone has had evperience with? Thanks

I bought a 50 + sq yds of 10 oz cloth on ebay, for under $2.00 a square, shipped. It was advertised as blemed but you could hardly tell it. There is an occasional blip in the weave. This stuff costs $7/yd plus shipping anywhere else.

Needless to say, it was a great deal and I am tickled pink. Don't know if your dealing with the same vendor.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,........

I Too have had Great Luck with fabrics on ebay,......

I've got some fabric Tape, that's a Twill of sorts with the fibers running on a 45* angle,+ a mat backing,.....
The stuff Lays down Great,.... Even into the tight corners.......

The Only Problem with it,...............

I Can't find More of it...............................................

erikgreen

Captain

I have the same story as boom. I bought a roll of the "blemished" cloth on ebay for cheap, and I'm quite happy with the quality. New cloth would be blemished more if I unrolled it to measure out a piece.

I've also bought a box of the roving scraps that one guy advertises... basically it's 25 pounds of 18-24oz roving in pieces averaging 2ft by 3ft... should work well for what I need, and cost was maybe $35 I think.

Erik