Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

imported_MattG

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
58
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

Thanks Guys,

I swear when I looked there wasnt any, now there seems to be tons. lol

I ended up going with the last link from F_R, didnt feel like dealing with shipping from Canada.

I will place an order for the last of my parts, and get some extra for spares, and I will be on the water I cant wait.

One last thing, when you go to the dealer to buy oil in bulk, what type of container do you need? I have empty jugs of my polaris oil that I use on my skis, will I look tacky using those?

-Matt
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

i buy my oil by the gallon at walmart. as long as it's tcw 3.
 

imported_MattG

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
58
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

Oh ok, I just pick up the johnson/Evinrude XD 25 oil they sell there, its about the same price as the cheap stuff anyways.

i was just going to be in a town where there was a dealer and thought id pick up some good stuff while I was in there, but I guess I will just stick to what I got.

I only got two more questions, I swear, I think lol

Some say 24:1 on the oil, They cover on my engine does, then again it also says SAE 30, but my repair manual says 50:1 and so do some people on the fourm.

Like FR was saying about the parts

The large hub prop uses:
377924 prop nut superseded by 380610 nut, cotter key and drive pin assembly.

So does that mean if I order part number 380610 It will be the kit? The only reason I ask is I dont have a Evinrude dealer close so I have to order from the internet and want to get it right.

Matt
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

if using tcw 3 oil 50-1, it's a better oil than sae 30. when in question on a part, us the contact us, on the site, they will be glad to answer you questions. some even have 800 numbers,
 

F_R

Honorary Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
28,226
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

All I know is that if I type in 380610, it comes up with a description of "Nut, key & pin" That is on www.ishopmarine.com

There's no real significant difference between the insides of a '63 and later models. I would run 50:1 using a quality TC-W3 oil if it were mine. But if you do, and the motor tears up, don't blame me. (It tore up because of something else)
 

imported_MattG

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
58
Re: Few Questions On a 63 Evinrude 75hp

Ok thanks guys!

I didnt know that about the contact us thing, that will help out alot.

Matt
 
Top