Fenders, speakers, or stuff along the transom area?

seabuddy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
ab+speakers+locker.jpg

Here?s a new use for the lockers located at the transom: Speakers.

These sure take up the space that usually is reserved for storing fenders and other items.

Good or bad idea?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fenders, speakers, or stuff along the transom area?

rather have the storage, who needs all that wattage, playing for the whole river.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Have to make bet with a jet skier to see how waterproof those speakers are.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

wast of space! the speaks are pointed the wrong way you will need twice as much wattage to hear it as loud as u normally would. in the mean time the cops are down on you for noise! sound travels on water.

we gotta carry so much stuff on the boat just to make it safe id rather put the speaks in the gunnels and my safety gear there!

bet it looks real cool on the showroom floor tho!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Put the speakers up front somewhere.
That's where they are suppose to be, not for someone laying out back.

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

reminds me of the ricer boys driving there boom boxes down the street, makes me want to load my .44

ziggy

Admiral

they'd be facing the right way if the intention was to use them while at the beach for a swim. i see new boats have a remote control for yer stereo built into the transom area to control yer tunes.....

personaly. i think it'd make to much noise for the neigbors to be happy.....keep the space.......

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I think it would be great if this Seabuddy guy would take some more pictures of this boat he's secretly promoting and pose more questions about it. That would be fun :(

PondTunes

Petty Officer 1st Class

I assume this is set up for swimming or someone skiing behind the boat, same principal/function as tower speakers.

But I do wonder how bad those lockers vibrate when the speakers are on and the lockers are closed ;) Maybe he needs some of my special sound deadening material!

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

Not for me. I'd rather have the storage and nice speakers in the cockpit. That said, I'm currently quite happy having "mediocre at best" speakers and more money for cruising.

QC

Supreme Mariner

This would be a very big feature at Lake Havasu for those that hang out in the Channel all day :rolleyes: Would sell there though.

amynbill

Petty Officer 1st Class

Probably not bad for boarding or skiing, though I would think you would lose some of the punch being so close to the water, thus tower mounted speakers being the rage.

I would rather the storage and have tower mounted speakers.

Nandy

Commander

Waste of money, bad idea.

45Auto

Commander

I can see where some people would like them. If you like to back up close to a beach (probably wouldn't get that boat up onto the beach, I'm pretty sure it's a 29' Sea Ray 290 bowrider with the factory Transom Speaker package) and swim on the beach and off the swim deck they'd be pretty nice. That thing probably has plenty of storage space (I think they claim the ski locker is the size of a small cabin!) so they won't mind the loss of a couple of storage lockers. Not much different storage-wise than having a sun pad back there (no lockers in that case). Close'm up and it looks better than it would with a wakeboard tower and some big ugly bazookas hanging off it.

Different strokes for different folks. Not necessarily good or bad in this case. Bad idea for some, good idea for others.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Aesthetically, it looks nice and its ingenious how they made use of that small storage space...They've made applications to suit them. Personally, I hate loud music on the lake. Why subject others to rap or punk rock music especially, when your fishing.

tashasdaddy

45Auto, think your on to something, look at the 290 under the starboard speaker.

Expidia

Commander

Why is everyone responding to a poster who is clearly just advertising his site. Click on the posters link and you can see what this post is all about!

Thought this is not allowed here????

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why is everyone responding to a poster who is clearly just advertising his site. Click on the posters link and you can see what this post is all about!

guess its a bling thing and seeing where boats are going and who they are gearing towards. i for one like tunes in my boat and have a pretty good setup and like to see other ideas and options.

45Auto

Commander

Can somebody tell me what this post is about? I tried to go to a site named Seabuddy.net and couldn't find one. If he's advertising something he's doing a pretty poor job! :D