Felt bad for a guy at the ramp today.

delbellboy

Cadet
Re: Felt bad for a guy at the ramp today.

I have the half ton 1500 Ram with the Hemi motor. If the ramp is slick I slip. I bought a twin matress air bed and fill it half way with water. Never had a problem since. I also water the flowers when I get home with the matress.

Mason78

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's not really Ford or Dodge, it's 2 wd and 4wd... love my 4x4!

... but Ford is better:D

Its really not fair to compare the American owned and built Ford to the "Fiat 1500" after all, the Italian auto maker is new to truck building. Maybe they will get better over time.

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I have a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd & A 2001 Dodge dekota 4wd, I drive the chevy to the dodge part store alot more then I drive the dodge to the chevy dealer.

I've noticed that when the Chevy is spinning the tires a slight amount of parking brake can get the slipping wheel to stop & grab.
Not something you would want to do all the time, but could get you out of a bad situation.

NYBo

Admiral

Its really not fair to compare the American owned and built Ford to the "Fiat 1500" after all, the Italian auto maker is new to truck building. Maybe they will get better over time.
Fiat 1500? Not. They were smart enough not to mess with Ram.

krakatoa

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Did his Dodge have one of those stickers in the back window with the guy peeing on the Ford Oval?

JAJAJAJA thats funny but the problem here was the driver, not the truck!, anyway its doesnt matter If its 2 wheel drive...

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I have a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd & A 2001 Dodge dekota 4wd, I drive the chevy to the dodge part store alot more then I drive the dodge to the chevy deal.

That sucks.. I must have gotten lucky with my Dak.. I've had it for 7yrs., 149k miles, and over the past 4 yrs. It's hauled an average of around 12-14 cords of firewood out of the woods...and believe me i don't take it easy on her lol. Only things I've had to do to it is a new exhaust system, brakes, change one stuck caliper, and just routine maintenance. Although while I dont take it easy on her, i am somewhat OCD about maintaining my vehicles above and beyond what's normal.

*Edit* forgot to add I did have to change the brake lines from the M.C. to the rear brakes due to them rusting out and springing a leak.