Feeling lost and listless.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hi all,<br /><br />I know most people have more problems than I have and would consider themselves lucky to be feeling the way I do right now, but you guys feel so much like family that I feel I can share. You can feel free to ignore. :) <br /><br />I'm feeling a bit lost at the moment because the last 3 weeks have been wonderful and this morning they came to an end. I think some of you know that I have been communicating with a 'friend' in a different country since Christmas. I manged to get a visa to visit her (not easy) and spend 3 weeks in her country in February, skiing and have a great snow adventure. She then got a visa to visit me (even harder), and arrived at the beginning of April. We spent 3 weeks together travelling up and down the west coast. Have some great memories, but more importantly we get on so well.<br /><br />She's only been gone 12 hours and I already feel like something's missing (which it is).<br /><br />I guess I'm looking for some feedback that I'm not crazy.<br /><br />Thanks to all you great guys for being like a 'missing' family. <br /><br />Chris...........

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Feeling lost and listless.

AChris, sounds to me like cupid has shot an arrow straight through your heart.
34.gif

dolluper

Captain

Watch out the rings next :D <br />All kidding aside I think you are missing the companionship,and you probably have deep feelings for her so it would be a feeling of emptyness<br />We all need companionship it's a natural human fact,so get yourself a cheap long-distance phone plan because your probably going to need it,do it before she gets off the plane :D :D :cool:

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

achris.... I went through this stuff a few years ago. I started communicating with a lady from Greece (born and lived in Australia until she was 18) We did the visiting each other thing and she decided to move to the USA. After a few months she had to go back to Greece to take care of some legal stuff and she was gone for almost a year. Thank goodness for the Internet and airlines. But we survived it all and will have been married for 5 years on 5 May. We used to talk online every day and video chatted a lot to get us through the separation. So it'll all work out for you if it's meant to be. Good luck and God bless from one who has been there.

KaGee

Admiral

One quick way to cure that.... marry her! ;)

Bondo

Staff member

There's Absolutely, Positively, No Doubt At All,... That You've Got to be Crazy.................... :D <br /><br />I spent 47 years being driven by My Mind,.... errr, well maybe it was Another part of Me,...<br />But,.. Anyway,.......<br /><br />3 years ago She found Me,....... And, wouldn't take No, or See ya Later,.. for an Answer.......<br /><br />Well,..... She's Still here,+ I Can't Imagine living Without Her..........<br /><br />I'll be 50 in June,+ am Still Single..........<br />But,..... Not as Single as I've Ever been Before............It's Only a matter of "Paper" now........<br /><br />Good Luck Chris............. ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> One quick way to cure that.... marry her! ;)
Not So Fast Move in together, see how it goes for a while.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

"Run fer the hills - save yourself!!... leave me fer dead!!"<br /><br /> :D :p <br /><br /><br /> - sound a little love sick achris

tylerin

Commander

Let me help..Can you make a circle with your hand :D J/K hope all works out

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Love, exciting and new<br />Come Aboard. We're expecting you.<br />Love, life's sweetest reward.<br />Let it flow, it floats back to you.<br /><br />Love iBoats.com soon will be making another run<br />The Love iBoats.com promises something for everyone<br />Set a course for adventure,<br />Your mind on a new romance.<br /><br />Love won't hurt anymore<br />It's an open smile on a friendly shore.<br />Yes Looooooove! It's Looooooove!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yessir........love will do this to ya achris.....and, nope, you sir are not crazy. :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by achris:<br />I managed to get a visa to visit her (not easy) .. She then got a visa to visit me (even harder), <br />
Why? Are you so bad that other countries require a special visa for you to enter and Foreign Affairs requires a special visa for foreigners to visit you? :D <br /><br />All you're experiencing is the contrast between sunlight and its absence, as distinct from darkness.<br /><br />Gee, ain't it easy to toss off these platitudes when it ain't me that's feeling lonely?<br /><br />It'll pass.<br /><br />The sun will rise and shine again.<br /><br />Treat its absence as a time to look forward to the sunrise rather than wallowing in the gloom of its absence.

SoulWinner

Commander

Chris, you know what to do.......so DO it! And we wish you guys the very best!!!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Heeheehe! "Trouble and strife" it appears that you are a prime candidate :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
Not just because Im a Christian, but this rarely works as there is no commitment, both end up feeling like they are walking on eggs all the time eventually. You both need to know that each are there for the long haul. Its kinda like renting a car, you dont treat it the same as if it were yours. ( I do, most dont).

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Not just because Im a Christian, but this rarely works as there is no commitment, both end up feeling like they are walking on eggs all the time eventually. You both need to know that each are there for the long haul.
Maybe. <br /><br />Wife and I lived together for 7 years before hitching. <br /><br />We're in our 33rd year together and not likely to split in a fit, although there have been moments of hope offering me a better life!

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Statistically speaking (if you want your marriage to work), this is not a good idea. If you get married, consider it a commitment to God and to one another, then stick with it "for better or worse". Love is a choice and takes work. Eventually the "lovey-dovey" feelings will fade, but your commitment shouldn't.<br /><br />I've only been married once and for only 10 3/4 years, but that's my opinion based on experience and a few good sermons on marriage.<br /><br />Dang, somebody already beat me to the "punch" and said almost the identical thing. Oh well...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Young feller i think that you need to go fishing :)