Fear factor, would you?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
After several discussions with my co-workers, I see I have no pride. <br />As I was checking this site, I was also watching fear factor. I started wondering how many here would ever go on the show if given the chance, and what would you or would you not try for the money?<br />I personally have yet to see something I would not at least try. Probably would be out in first round, but at least try. The money would be a great start to my kids adult life, college education etc. and like I always say I aint proud!

Triton II

Commander
Re: Fear factor, would you?

Never heard of it here in Aus. Is it a new "reality" TV show? We get Survivor and other US stuff, plus Big Brother etc but not seen Fear Factor yet. Maybe we'll get it when the networks can get it for next to nothing!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey DD, being from where I'm at, eating "odd" things is not new to me, so that part I think I could swing ok.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

It is kind of a game show. The cntestants do stunts like walk a 2x4 beam 20 stories up, collecting flags as they go. Compete with time and number of flags against each other. They also do stunts like carrying worms cockroaches and other bugs in their mouth to see how many bugs they can carry in what time. Some stunts involve going under water chained to a weight. They have to find a set of keys, then find the correct key and set themselves free. <br />The stunts usually involve 1 strength or endurance test like riding the runner of a helecopter out to the middle of a lake, diving off, swimming to a boat and rowing back to shore. 1 gross test like eating a pizza made of crushed bugs and worms, or transferring a pound of roaches using only your mouth, things like that that make most of them throw up, and 1 test of conquering a fear.

SpinnerBait_Nut

How about that one where them 2 power boats are going WOT and they have to jump from one to the other?<br />I watched that one where that guy jumped and CRACK hit the side of the other one.<br />I know that left a mark.

ob

Admiral

I saw that one too SBN.He was talking all tough guy just before.The others were glad to see him go as I recall. :D <br /><br />Now what I'm trying to visualize is Lester or me with my gimp heel trying to jump the boats after eating all those bugs and stuff. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea ob, that's the one.<br />Thought it was Nate for a minute. :p

ob

Admiral

Oh God ,don't go there. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by ob:<br />Now what I'm trying to visualize is Lester or me with my gimp heel trying to jump the boats after eating all those bugs and stuff. :D
I hear ya ob, ever seen a beached whale? :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Oh God ,don't go there. :D :D
Remember I said, I thought it was Nate, but after seeing him I knew it wasn't, he was not good looking enough. ;)

Triton II

Commander

Sounds like those Japanese "endurance" game shows... they cracked me up. Maybe we'll get it here on cable, I'll look out for it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by ob:<br /> I limped over to one once. :D
Did it have a funny hat on like this?<br />
me2.jpg

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
Originally posted by ob:<br /> I limped over to one once. :D
Did it have a funny hat on like this?<br />
me2.jpg
Why yes ,I believe that's exactly what I seen.<br /> :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well, yep, that was me after trying one of them stunts. :D <br />Only it was just from the boat to the water, at the beach.

ob

Admiral

Now I have an excessive laughter headache thanks to you SBN. :D

ebbtide176

Commander

you're a trip sbn. i wished we could've gotten together with those in the SE at the failed TN roundo. :D <br /><br />but anyway, about the fearfactor. i've told my wife i'd do it no prob. she suggstd i do it. i think she would like to see me suffer :D <br />i'm like you, i can overcome the fear & food, but probably wouldn't do well against these younger people in endurance. i think i have the mental control to eat dam near anything. i got over fears when younger. but, nah, it aint enough money to make me put up with all the egos plus hafta listen to a reporter give a review. :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Told wife we needed to do the ccouples fear factor for 1 mil. She didn't think it was enough money either. Then I saw it was paid out over 40 years! Still more than I make though.<br />50K, definately worth a shot from my point of view. That is about 2 1/2 years income for me. Be a great start at the kids college fund I keep dreamin of starting sometime. <br />Then there is the personal victory, knowing I tried evern when I wash out first round.