Favorite Law

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Favorite Law

As a City law or what ever It is illegal to play checkers out side on the street or side walk. <br /><br />I even got stopped for this one. It is Illegal to leave your car running on the street. I came up to my car after depositing the mail and he was wrighting the ticket I just plain asked him if he was getting one also For leaving his car running. He laughed and Ripped up the ticket

18rabbit

Captain

A few years ago there was still a law on the books in California that makes it a crime to eat an orange in a motel room. Hotels are ok, but not motels. It is a carry over from the original development of California’s citrus orchards and problems with smuggling oranges in from Florida.

gaugeguy

Captain

So I guess that Whaling trip I was planning in Oklahoma is a bust? I knew I should have checked with local ordinances first :confused:

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey mellow,<br /><br />They still enforce that law! :eek: <br /><br />Heres another one from the great state of NY...<br /><br /> "Upon arriving at a 4 way stop sign while driving an automobile, it is still required that the operator of the vehicle come to a complete stop, get out of the vehicle, and fire 1 shoot from a firearm in the air and look both ways, before proceding through that intersection"<br /><br />I don't think that they need that law anymore, as you need a permit to own a horse, and you can't ride a horse on the streets anymore!<br /><br />Another problem is, that you can't carry a firearm around in your vehicle without be harrased by the police, and, it's illegal to discharge a firearm within 500ft of a home.<br /><br />Go figure!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Heres some from NY.<br /><br />A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll. <br /><br />It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun. <br /><br />The penalty for jumping off a building is death. <br /><br />New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it. That rarely happens, since one party regularly says "no" to the other, or there wouldn't be a reason to dissolve the marriage. If one of the spouses says "no" to the divorce, the other party has to prove that the spouse saying "no" was at fault. Fault could be one of four terrible things. If the spouse has abandoned the other spouse, that is, left the house for a year or if there hasn't been sexual relations for a year (how do you prove that?). Another one of the four terrible things, an oft cited fault, is to assert that the spouse has treated the other spouse with physical or mental cruelty. This is usually the case in most deteriorating marriages, but for the court's purposes, yelling and screaming is not usually enough; pictures of bruises taken in the emergency room might suffice. Divorce will be easy if the spouse has been imprisoned for two or three years. Much more difficult is the last fault, adultery. This keeps a lot of private detectives in business, since lipstick on the collar is not proof. It also means that lawyers get paid to "prove" fault, or on the other side, to show how lame the opposing side's "fault" claim is. <br /><br />A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket. <br /><br />While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door. <br /><br />Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

And some wonder why we scratch our heads and yell when the subject of lawmaking and polititions comes up.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

somewere it's ilegal to give a moose beer

tylerin

Commander

Correct me if I'm wrong but I hear Texas, who still use capital punishment, has a clause where if there's 3 hideous acts of homocide than you move to the front of the line. While most states are abolishing capital punishment, Texas has an express lane :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

So whale hunting is forbiden in Oklahoma. I guess that means we are only allowed to pick up skinny women at the bars. :D

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You gotta love our new governer, Arnie. <br />I heard on the news last night that he has proposed making the CA legislator a part-time thing. He believes that they must have too much time on their hands to make such rediculous laws. :cool: <br /><br />I agree!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by samagee:<br />So whale hunting is forbiden in Oklahoma. I guess that means we are only allowed to pick up skinny women at the bars. :D
Somebody "Free Willy", that's against the law :D

LadyFish

Admiral

A few more stupid Texas laws:<br /><br />A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.<br /><br />It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.<br /><br />It is legal to commit a homicide as long as you tell the person when, and how you are going to kill them.<br /><br />In Houston you cannot buy beer after midnight on Sunday, but you can buy it on Monday. <br /><br />There is an old law in Texas that states you are unable to tuck your pants into one boot unless you own ten or more cattle.<br /><br />It is illegal to spit on the sidewalk. <br /><br />It is illegal to carry a pair of wire-cutters in your pocket.<br /><br />In Corpus Christi it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.

18rabbit

Captain

proposed making the CA legislator a part-time thing
Joe - our legislature was a part-time thing until about 50-years ago when it went full-time.