Famous people from your home town?..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Famous people from your home town?..

Jeane Dixon is not from my hometown, but she was from where I live now.<br /><br />And Greta van Susteren is from Appleton, as well as Joe McCarthy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

And as long as we are branching out,<br /><br />Djck Trickle<br />Dave Marcis<br />Scott HAnson<br />Matt Kenseth<br />Jim Sauter<br />Tim Sauter<br />Jonny Sauter<br />Scott Wimmer<br />Travis Kvapil<br />Chris wimmer<br />Danica Patrick<br />Alan Kulwicki<br />Ted Musgrave<br />Dave Krieg

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Lord Elworthy - of Fighter Comd during Battle of Britian.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Triton II

Commander

Nice one KP... it's the 65th Anniversary today. I was a very proud pilot when I flew in the 50th Anniversary flypast! :)

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Doc Holliday<br /><br />Inos from Dukes of Hazard County

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

No one.<br /><br />But.....<br /><br />The marble quarries (now closed) provided the marble for most of the monuments/memorials in Washington DC.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Phyllis George. Former Miss America, former morning show host, and former wife of the Kentucky governor.

KaGee

Admiral

Jamie Farr... Corp. Klinger!<br />Katie Holmes! :cool: <br />Gloria Steinem (feminist)<br />Danny Thomas Actor, TV producer<br />Roger Bresnahan, baseball player<br />Teresa Brewer, singer<br /><br />Official home of the Pink Panther!<br /><br />Almost forgot... The Toledo Mud Hens!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> My hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana, is also the hometown of:<br /><br />Van Cliburn<br />Johnnie Cochran (OJ's lawyer)<br />Terry Bradshaw<br />Joe Thiesman<br />Robert Parrish<br />Slim Whitman<br />Tim Dement<br />James Dobson (sorry)
if we're branching out...<br />Jerry Lee Lewis<br />The careers of Hank Williams Sr. and Elvis Presley (Louisiana Hayride)<br />Geoffry Beene<br />Karl Malone

Kiwi Phil

Commander

What were you flying them Triton?<br />It was a very small town in Sth of NZ, and he reurned to live in the community too.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

betcha ain't heard of these...<br /><br />Diana Dors<br />Melinda Messenger<br />Billie Piper<br />Mark Lamarr<br />The campest lookin one of the pet shop boys<br />Julian Clary<br /><br />Ian Fleming used to live here too but wasn't born here so that don't count.

Moody Blue

Captain

From where I've lived for the past 15 years is Curtis Joseph, formerly of the Toronto Maple leafs.<br />From where I grew up, I went to high school with Neil Peart, the drummer from Rush.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

take off...Neil Peart, the one-man solid wall of sound?

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Where born: Rulon Gardner, of Afton, Wyo., defeated Russian Alexander Karelin for the gold medal in Greco-Roman wrestling, ending Karelin's 13-year unbeaten streak.<br /><br />High School: Bob Lilly, Dallas Cowboy Hall of Fame. Used to play a lot of pool and basketball at his home -- we're the same age.

squidlips 2

Cadet

phil collins used to live nearby.<br />derek warwick, ex f1 driver<br />jimmy page, led zep guitarist<br />dave stewart, eurythmics pop group<br />brian may, queen guitarist