Famous people from your home town?..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Along the lines on the other "famous" thread, I started to wonder...<br /><br />Was anyone famous born and/or raised in your home town?... <br /><br />Kinda like, "local boy makes good", or bad, whatever the case may be.. :cool: <br /><br />I'll start off with:<br /><br />Forrest Richard Betts, aka. D!ckey Betts.. Born in West Palm Beach, FL in 1943.. Former member of the Allman Brothers Band... D!ckey's now out on his own with his own band, Great Southern...

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Famous people from your home town?..

Chris Farley<br /><br />Steve Miller<br /><br />Gene Wilder<br /><br />Golda Mier<br /><br />Heather Graham<br /><br />Liberace<br /><br />Harry Houdini (appleton)<br /><br />Frank LLoyd Wright (richland center)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Heather Graham-<br /><br />mmmmmmm my favorite.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Frederick Grant Banting invented insulin where I was born-London Ontario

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

My hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana, is also the hometown of:<br /><br />Van Cliburn<br />Johnnie Cochran (OJ's lawyer)<br />Terry Bradshaw<br />Joe Thiesman<br />Robert Parrish<br />Slim Whitman<br />Tim Dement<br />James Dobson (sorry)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Adding to what Pony85 has above:<br />Jana Pelnis (google it) :) Oh no, I guess that would be infamous.<br />Justice Rhenquist<br />Woody Herman<br />Spencer Tracy<br />Tom Snyder<br />Les Paul<br />Rick Roufus<br />Kristen Johnston<br />Jerry Harrison - Talking Heads<br /><br />Surronding area: <br />Don Ameche<br />Tyne Daly<br />William DeFoe<br />Erik Heiden<br />Gina Rowlands<br />Orson Welles<br />Franky Yankovic

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Pony I get Chris Farley (Madison), you get Jeffrey Dahmer (Milwaukee) :p

Triton II

Commander

Almost every famous Australian - it's not worth living anywhere else! :) :)

ZmOz

Captain

Nope. None...though up until a few years ago there were more cows than people here. The next town over is where Herbert Hoover was born and raised though...

Pony

Rear Admiral

how could i forget to add him......and you are right Farley was born in Mad town, he went to college here thats what threw me off

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey, don't forget Tom Wopat a.k.a. Luke Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard. :) <br /><br />Violent Femmes – anyone remeber them??

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just remembered that Kato Kalin from the OJ Simpson trial went to my grade school in Milwaukee. LOL

Pony

Rear Admiral

the bodeans as well i think, and your right about the violent femmes

ebbtide176

Commander

Cotten Perry, multiple Gatornationals drag racing champ is all i can think of. but it was the site of the 'great locomotive chase' of the civil war, if that means anything anymore :) <br /><br />oh, that's for Ringgold, GA > hometown (middle&high school yrs)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Dahmer, from Ohio, killed in Milw, then got killed in Portage.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I think of Fullerton CA as my hometown:<br /><br />Gary Carter<br />Jackson Browne<br /><br />Actually, they went to my high school.

Pony

Rear Admiral

not that i want to claim dahmer for milwaukee, but i think he was born here in milwaukee and moved to ohio when he was a kid

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep, you're right Pony. And not that I want to claim Ed Gein, another serial killer, as a Wisconsinite, but he's from La Crosse, WI.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

It's gotta be the cold winters...<br /><br />Jerry Kelly and Steve Stricker, pro golfers, both live in Madison suburbs.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I guess we get credit for Latrell Sprewell too