Family boating in the gulf (Englewood, FL Area)

Taxus812

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well one more step closer to selling my house in CT and buying a home in the Englewood Fl area. I sold my bow rider last week (three days to sell and I had a waiting list, I think I under priced it :) ). Since it will be at least a year before moving ,and likely another before buying my next boat, I wanted to start research now.

I am not a ocean guy (yet) my experience is lakes and rivers. I figure what was good here is not really good there. What are the common styles and brands of boat folks use in the Englewood area? Im looking for a 18 - 21 ft boat, My family likes fishing mostly.

SilverSS07

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm a few hours north of Englewood but what seems to be the most popular are center consoles. Some of the names that come to mind are Key West, Pro-Line, Sea Pro, Angler, Grady, Whaler, etc.

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
Go visit The Hull Truth
They are almost all florida and almost all CC boats with very active forums.

southkogs

Staff member
Having fished on the Gulf a few times in a 21' center console, I think I would really rather have something a bit bigger (maybe 24' or so). Center console is nice for fishing, but with a family you may want to look at a dual console.