FAIR AND BALANCED?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Well they are at it again. Yellow jounalism attempting to sway an election. No liberal bent to the news? Another October surprise? Don't have one? Fabricate one. Kerry had commercials ready to go inside of 24hrs of the NY Times hit piece. Just a coincendence I'm sure. 60 Minutes wanted to run the story within 48hrs of the election. No bias there. How many stories has CBS made up in the past month? Journalism is obviously a lost art to the left.<br /><br />Speaking of weapons in Iraq, why didn't the UN destroy them? They were empowered to do so. Wasn't it the press yelling that American troops should have been guarding the museums? Which is it - museums or ammo dumps, or terrorists, or the boarder or get Saddam, or guard the oil fields, or protect civilians or prevent looting or win a war or look for WMD. But dispite the fact that the facility was taken within 1 day of the attack of Bagdad, I am sure that 40 truckloads of explosives passed by our tanks and the 101st and our overhead surveilance. Well that's what John Kerry thinks of our military. Insulting! But if he is correct why couldn't they pass off 385 tons of chemical weapons without detection? And if they did was Bush then right? If you listen to him these explosives are weapons of mass distruction. They could fall in the hands of terrorists but according to him there are no terrorists in Iraq. Which is it? Bush couldn't read through mountains of intellegence that confused more than one intellegence agency, from more than one country AND the UN to make his decision about the WMD issue. As for Kerry he stated that he was for removing Saddam, before he was against removing Saddam. Unfortunately he couldn't read through a faulty news story and used it to justify his attack on Bush's charactor. How about an apology?<br /><br />John Kerry/the liberal press: no charactor, no vision, no backbone, no clue. Winning on issues of truth, not sexy but honorable.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: FAIR AND BALANCED?

Now pointer, although I agree with you, tell us how you really feel.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

SBN,<br /><br />What are they teaching in todays journalism classes? What ever happened to the fourth estate? Someone manipulating our elections really pi**es me off. I would hope that it upsets all citizens as well. I am not even a diehard Bush supporter. <br /><br />But next time a little levity might be in order. ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

They are teaching them how far they can go with BS,and still not only stay out of prison, but get published as well!<br />They are taught how to destroy someone's reputation to get ahead. The more famous the person you devestate, the more they pay you.<br />It takes a certain breed for sure.

f_inscreenname

Commander

If you are going to talk about the liberal media I would not use the fraise “fair and balanced”. That is a Fox news slogan and they are not liberals by a long shot.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Anyone ever seen the movie "Absent Malice" with Paul Newman? Gives a good idea of how journalism can make a persons life go south in a big hurry. Had to laugh tonight....watching the news with Peter Jennings, making sure everyone understood what was reported last night. Seems that, I believe it was the Kerry Camp, took what had been reported last night and turned it all around to make GW look bad....again. And Peter wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't his fault. Had to do with the explosives that are missing in Iraq. Shame....really a shame.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Whats really weird is that moslty conservatives own the media.<br /><br />Truth is they are conservatives second, first they are greedy. Contraversy sells newspapers and gets ratings.<br /><br />They probably want Kerry to win, he will be easy fodder for great blunders.<br /><br />Ken

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Kenny....that cow bell is really makin' me nuts.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Ken never gets tired of cowbell. More cowbell, Ken.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> Ken never gets tired of cowbell. More cowbell, Ken.
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif