Faces with names....

steve forsythe

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dont you all wish, at times, that you could "see" what the others on this board look like? I would love to hear discriptions of what you think others look like. I know you all have a picture in your head of what JB Cornwell or Schematic looks like.....A weird thought, i know.

D

DJ

Re: Faces with names....

I don't know what they look like, but I think of them as:<br /><br />Dr. J.B.<br /><br />and<br /><br />Professor Schematic.

ebbtide176

Commander

lol - ditto on that<br /><br />Djohns McGyver :D <br />and i think we've got pics here somewhere on 12ftr, ranger & 1 other

ebbtide176

Commander

pursesnatch... pls don't take this wrong, but while i would be for pics of posters (run to walmart and get a digi cam), then again, it might not b good - i mean - doncha like it when you can use your own mental image of a person, and not be bothered with the real thing? <br />as a boater listed b4....just a thought...

D

DJ

ebbtide176,<br /><br />I take that as a HUGE compliment. Thanks! Just like my salutation says: "If they don't find you handsome-they should at least find you HANDY! :D <br /><br />But, I am A handsome devil, at least wife # 1 of 22 years thinks so! ;)

steve forsythe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree whole heartedly. I have a mental picture of everyone based on their user name and how they answer on the board. BUT, i am curious. I think i just saw a picture of JB on the engines board, EXACTLY how i pictured him!!

495v

Chief Petty Officer

Purse*snatcher, I agree, I often get a mental image of most of you guys just based on your responses and names. But just when you think you have somebody figured out, they throw a reply in that you would not expect and it makes you re-consider your image of that person. I like not having a picture of everyone, no impressions, just good advice from everybody!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

“Finally” at home

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is a picture of me in my boat somewhere on this board. That one is enough. I turn 40 in a month or so and the guys at work tell me if I keep gaining weight I won't fit in any pictures! :D <br /><br />Double Ditto on the Dr., Professor, & McGyver!<br /><br />Oh, and you guys can picture me however you want as long as I have cloths on!!!!!! :eek:

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ranger354 - so you're a 62 vintage as well! :cool: My 40th is early June - I think I'll go fishing to celebrate!<br /><br />I'm just wondering when Dr JB, Prof. Schematic, McGyver-DJohns, Admiral Footer, Joe30+, Racer DHadley or one of the other Iboats gurus is going to write a book on boating and boat engines. I'm already in the queue for a copy... ;)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Other books I'm looking out for... :D <br /><br />Evin300 "The Chainsaw Method", <br /><br />Steely "Busted: Suzuki Warranty Scam",<br /><br />Capt Ultra "Guess the Outboard",<br /><br />Maui Girl "101 Boating Stories",<br /><br />Crab Bait "DIY Fishhook Surgery for Dummies"

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

In mid May I turn the big 40! I will go fishing also. I tell my chilren that I will always be 39 on the inside. My wife turns 27 about the same time. Keeping up with her keeps the engine just above idle all the time. If I ever turn it off it just might stall. <br /><br />I want to see these videos:<br /><br />"When fishermen attack"!<br />"A fist full of threbble hooks"!<br />"Night of the Living Large Mouth"!<br />"Was that a skier or stump"?<br /><br />and lastly......<br /><br />"If boat ramps could talk"

Boatsrule

Seaman

She is 27 years old! Cool......God the brain is just whirling now. What a great way to keep the engine in tune, he he

GarageGuy42

Seaman

I know what you all mean about getting a mental image whilst looking at the replies. The thing I didn't picture was the ages as in this post in particular. I'm a 58 model myself. <br />Things start to change a little physically after 40. Like it hurts a little worse and longer when you say fall off the roof. Versus when you are in your 20's you can shake it off and carry on. <br />That should have given a good mental picture.<br /><br />I haven't fallen off the roof in a while but did fall off my tractor last year and spent a few hours in the ER. Nothing serious, cracked ribs, bruised kidney. And of course it wasn't my idea to go to the ER but my more intelligent half. My idea of healing was "just let me lay on the back porch for awhile honey and I will be ok."<br />Kind of reminds me of Tim The Tool Man Taylor<br /><br />"If it doesn't hurt your not doing it right"

D

DJ

I want to see the Book: "A Redneck Remembers-The Adventures of Derwood"..

Tinman

Cadet

I'm not shy, just took this one today after running the boat on the deshka river.<br /><br />
tinman.gif
<br /><br />Tinman