Explorer 1675 SS

cranksbait

Seaman Apprentice
Just thought I would make a post for those that are lurking, like I did, looking for info on a boat.

I have it set up with a 75 E-tec and a 70 lbs Minnkota bow mount.

I just received my boat last week. I cannot say enough about this thing. Six of us were in it for four days bass fishing. No problem at all for space. All of us were even on one side of the boat and it hardly moved. I could go 35 mph with all of us in the boat, as a cruising speed. Although the hole shot was not super fast it was better than I expected.

The inital run, I took my wife out in 30 kmh winds and rough water. We were doing 30 mph and it felt like we were cutting butter with a hot knife. She was happy that it was a stable and dry ride (she got one drop on her knee).

I could not get over how much battery power the trolling motor did not use. After four days of heavy use it is still at the same charge as I started.

This boat does not feel like it is a 17 foot boat. It is actually 2 inches shorter than my last boat.

USNAARet

Cadet
Re: Explorer 1675 SS

A very pleasant surprise, huh? I got my Lund last spring...and I had the same reactions...the stability and ride amazing. Enjoy.

ut84088

Cadet

It is great to hear you are enjoying your Lund.

I have a 01' 1675 Explorer SS and am also very happy with it. The boat is roomy and stable even in rough water. It feels much larger than a 17 footer and is great for fishing or cruising. I had an upholstery shop make a pad for the bow and the front of the console to ride up front when the family and I just go boating.

Mine has a 75HP Ficht which runs like a champ. I can go slow enough to troll without using the trolling motor, I can cruise at 35-37, it sips gas & oil, and I can even tow a tube, wakeboard, or a single skier.

This boat is awesome as I would assume most Lunds are.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It is great to hear you are enjoying your Lund.

I have a 01' 1675 Explorer SS and am also very happy with it. The boat is roomy and stable even in rough water. It feels much larger than a 17 footer and is great for fishing or cruising. I had an upholstery shop make a pad for the bow and the front of the console to ride up front when the family and I just go boating.

Mine has a 75HP Ficht which runs like a champ. I can go slow enough to troll without using the trolling motor, I can cruise at 35-37, it sips gas & oil, and I can even tow a tube, wakeboard, or a single skier.

This boat is awesome as I would assume most Lunds are.

They are awesome boats! I would not consider anything else,and you done very well by choosing Lund!

ut84088

Cadet

They are awesome boats! I would not consider anything else,and you done very well by choosing Lund!

Thanks! I just went past 600 hours on mine. My family is to the point now that I am going to be selling and moving to a larger boat. I'm looking at the 1875 Crossover and a Polar Kraft Kodiak Sport V190.