Existing main wiring harness wiring and adding a new blade style fuse panel

davids1718

Cadet
Good morning all, seeking a little help from the experienced out here. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I need to install a new blade style fuse panel due to existing glass fuse / terminal block being out of date. I have a 92 chris craft concept 228 cuddy. I just finally removed the dash so i can tighten up some of the gauges. To my suprise here is what i found so far...

1) radio had a wire lead connected to one of the gauge terminal post. I believe it was the tach that is was connected to.
2) there is a 10 gauge or 12 gauge black wire also connected to the ground terminal post of the tach.
3) it appears the cuddy cabin manual switch lights is a direct connection to the main harness bypassing the fuse block or is maybe tied into the courtesy light switch. (Have to confirm later battery was dead).
4) Horn wiring is all screwed up keep popping fuses. (I need help with original harness to switch wiring, there is a snipped orange black stripe wire).
5) it appears some time ago previous owner re-wired the dash (obvious since i found the radio and maybe main ground wire connected to a gauge instead of switch or fuse panel) with that said another thing i noticed is that the purple daisy chain wiring is mixed with black rather than a double purple wire connection. The grounds are daisy chained double black wires, and the blue wires are daisy chained as double blue wires as well. My seloc manual shows purple not purple and black.
6) on the main wiring harness to the helm / dash there appears to be 2 10 or 12 gauge red wires. The one that was originally on the original fuse panel for main feed is now going to be installed to the new fuse panel temporarily as the main feed. (I will eventually run 8 gauge from battery switch to a terminal block and feed the fuse panel at a later date)
7) there was a jumper wire at one of the gauges that led to the negative terminal on the fuse block. Should i go with the jumper as it was or should i use the thicker 10 or 12 gauge wire i saw connected to the gauge post?
8) appears the ignition switch was swapped out. Reason being is the manuals reference a 4 or 5 pin switch, however mine is only 3 pins. Seems as though the kill switch was deleted some time ago.
9) along the shift controller it seems i am missing some connectors for the trailer trim function. Anyway of putting this back together?

On my main wiring harness there appears to be 2 red wire leads. One of the wires is as i mentioned above item 6, that will be my temp feed for the new panel. The other wire is slightly thinner and comes from the ignition harness. Does this go to the fuse block and terminate or can this be used to feed a terminal strip?

I also forgot to mention that there are no wires leaving the ignition switch like the drawings show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-114415_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-114415_Facebook.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210410_003359.jpg
    20210410_003359.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210409_124332.jpg
    20210409_124332.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited: