Exhaust Power Valves for 2 cycle outboards?

82rude

Rear Admiral
The 600 etec is a far better motor than the sdi which is a fine motor in its own right.The etec uses so little oil it will scare you if your not informed about it.Very reliable sleds.How was the rx1?It was around 140 or 150 hp I believe.Not near as nimble as my 670 ho was though as the rx1 sat higher.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The RX1 is great. 4cyl, 4 stroke 1000. Same motor in the R1 sport bike. Heavy, but a good trail sled. Monoshock suspension which was very good. I also have a '12 Apex XTX Injected 1000. Very responsive. Just happens to weigh 700lbs. Still lifts the skis as long as u want.
Wifes thumb gets sore on the RX. I want something smaller so she can push the throttle w/o taking off like a rocket. Daughter loves it but has the same issue. Friend has an '06 MXZ 600 Gade, she loves it. So.........

82rude

Rear Admiral
I had the same thumb issue with the mxz 670 ho,a simple solution was to get a 2 stage throttle off of a ski-doo that had it .Can you do the same for your wife?Saved my riding season as my thumb was killing me pulling those big carbs on the ho.Theres a kit out there where you can change over to twist grip throttle also.I had one on my 500 sportsman atv and it was the cats ***.I had an 600 vmax which had the worlds worst suspension in it so I put a Polaris 10 inch in her and man what a diff.If I had friends to ride with id either get a used Yamaha 4 stroke or maybe a used 4 tec ski-doo in touring configuration.A dream vacation would be to sled in Quebec on the worlds finest trails.

Last edited: