exhaust . i want noise

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: exhaust . i want noise

Thanks <br /> I bought it off of E-bay (auctioned by Bent boats.com) Sept 2000. It sat for years at a marina in NY. After talking to the guy I had to have it. Allmands are known for there great hull manufacturing (the only thing that I haven't replaced or repaired or redone) just cosmetics and paint. After thirty years there was not a soft spot anywhere. You can jump up and down the front deck with no give (not that I would, it would be like jumping on one of my kids, hell I have had it longer then one of them). After three years and about 9 grand in parts (don’t tell the wife) and millions in labor (I do all the work myself, motor, elec, interior, paint ECT). It’s getting there. The biggest problem is finding the parts that work. It is the only one I have ever seen like it. Allmand boats have been sold to someone who wants to forget the past so they were no help and the drive motor combo (360 Mopar motor with a Volvo 270 outdrive) only came in a few Donzi’s in the early 70’s. Try to get someone to part out their Donzi. A flywheel cost me $800.00 and was shipped Sept 10th 2001 then it was promptly lost for two months. The worst thing was it took me 5 months to find it (I bet you can still come up with one my posts if you do a web search for “mopar/volvo flywheel”). I was lucky it was fall and with other things going on in the world kept my mind off of it or I would have been pulling my hair out. <br /> This year I have about $1200.00 (my over done Christmas) in motor parts and seats ready to go this spring. It seems like a lot of money and time when I think about it but my wife tells me I play it off but I glow like I am 6 months pregnant when someone comes up and says “that’s cool” and to tell you the truth it does feel pretty dam good. So again “Thanks”!

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, that really resembles a boat I like from Nova Marine, the Nova 24 cuddy with twin Holman Moody V-drive conversions. The racing version was called the Supernova. This is all late 60s vintage. Do you know if there is any connection? I've been trying to research the Nova 24 but have come up dry. Molds were later sold to Wellcraft for their Nova 250. You really got my interest and maybe I'll start a new thread if you want to discuss it. Your boat looks great!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Mercrewser <br /> I will tell the line they (Allmand Boats) told me. “If we are not doing the rebuild we do not give out any information”. Apparently the father owned to company back in the 70’s and was really good at building boats but wasn't good with the books. They had to file bankruptcy and some how the son ended up with the company years later. You can still see the same lines with the molds they use now but who knows how long they will be around. According to there web site they are selling one of there molds (I think there 22’). When you start selling off stuff the rest of the company is not far behind.<br /> As for a connection to other boat makers, 3 and 1/2 years of research I have come up with a lot of leads that always end up a dead end.