Exhaust and hot water port????

Green Boater

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
34
Hey All,
While running my boat up on the muffs, I noticed hot water shooting out of the ports (in picture, one on each side). Now, it may very well be my lack of previous observation, but I thought exhaust and water from the engine always came out of the prop area.... After I shut the engine off and went to "inspect" these ports, I noticed there was a small amount of exhaust carbon build-up inside them. Is this right, or is something BAD wrong??
Thanks in advance!!
 

Attachments

  • Port.jpg
    Port.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
71,535
Re: Exhaust and hot water port????

Now, it may very well be my lack of previous observation,

Ayuh,... Must be,... Those are the idle relief ports...
 

Green Boater

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
34
Re: Exhaust and hot water port????

Thanks Bond-o! So nothing to worry about then?
 

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
633
Re: Exhaust and hot water port????

Thats where mine has water and some exhaust comming out each side of when I test in barrel , I direct back to tank with garden hose full on to keep filled cold.
 
Top