Evinrude power cuttoff

Jeb1971

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Asked this on another board, but wanted to try on here too.

Have a 1985 evinrude v6. Regarding this motor, how can I build a circut that the motor will send 12 volts when the motor is running, then cut the voltage when the motor turns off?

I was thinking about the main charge wire off the alternator runing to a relay which governed 12v from the battery, but was concerned about the spuraticness of the ac output.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Evinrude power cuttoff

exactly what are you trying to accomplish?

Jeb1971

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Let me rephrase(?) that question in a way not as confusing and obscure.

I am looing for a way to construct a circut that will close a connection when the motor is not running and open it when the motor is running. A circut independent of the key switch wiring.

ottertail

Petty Officer 3rd Class

There really is no 12 volt circut on that engine that will accomplish what you are asking. It could be done on the AC side of the charging circut. other wise the only other circut that I am aware of is the purple wire but it is a keyed power circut and not a engine powered circut

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

What is the circuit load?

"Have a 1985 evinrude v6. Regarding this motor, how can I build a circut that the motor will send 12 volts when the motor is running, then cut the voltage when the motor turns off?"

"I am looking for a way to construct a circut that will close a connection when the motor is not running and open it when the motor is running. A circut independent of the key switch wiring"

These are you quotes , which one do you need circuit to do??

Jeb1971

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, I just re-read a previous post of mine where I was trying to 'simplify' my question and noticed I left out one crucial word. The word was "not"..

I am looking for help to build a circut that will open a connection when the motor is "not" running and close the connection when the engine is running.

The load is not important as the connection will be used to run a relay which will handle load.

larky

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think we are all a liitle curious. what are you building?