Evinrude Oil Alarm

Mikethesoundguy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
11
I have a 93 stratos with a 93 Evinrude 150 V6. It was converted to premix without my permission and they forgot to disable the no oil and low oil alarm. I am fine with it being converted to premix because it did have a problem but I know this was the fault of the guy who has been doing the work and he has been lying about some of the work he has been doing. So I can no longer take it back to him. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I don't want to completely disconnect the alarm but just the Oil part.
 

Mikethesoundguy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
11
Re: Evinrude Oil Alarm

Is there anyone who can be more specific. My oil tank has no disconnect. and where on the outboard to find the oil sensor and what to do then?
 

Mikethesoundguy

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 23, 2010
Messages
11
Re: Evinrude Oil Alarm

Do I just disconnect I the plug (#27) and the one for the VRO and no alarm?
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: Evinrude Oil Alarm

Follow the two brown wires from the oil tank to the mtr and you should find a quick disconnect and disconnect it. Then go to the vro and follow those wires from it and also disconnect. This should disable your oil alarm system. Check your overheat alarm by turning on your key and grounding out one of the tan wires that go to your temp senders on the block. You should get a horn. Don't forget to mix your fuel 50:1.
 
Top