Evinrude ficht 150 2002

orjan165

Recruit
Hello! Just bought myself a evinrude ficht 150hp form a old lady that wanted to get rid of it because it had stopped, and after diagnostics it turned out that there was water in all of the injectors. After i bought it i put condensation remover and injector clean in the gas. Before i turned it over i loosened all the injectors and turned the key so the fuel pump started. After i was satisfied i tightened everything back together. Turned it over and the engine started for 2 seconds and stopped. This went on for about 20 times till i managed to get it running on it's own. The idle is somewhat rough but when i give it around 10% on the throttle it was jumping from 2000 to 2500rpm and is running really rough. So my question is, if my injectors have had water in them for too long that have caused them to corrode and render them useless? I have not deleted the codes from the computer does this have anything to do with it? Or do they go away on their own?
video reference

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
much like the newer ETEC EMM's the former EMM on FICHT is not likely to be able to detect anything but electrical problems on injectors. ( short /open...)

it can not see anything mechanically flawed leaving you with the option of having the injectors serviced if....they can be after soaking in water for X amount of time :-(

jmho mind you. check your personnal messages (small enveloppe top right)

Last edited:

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
see video in this link fyi...... if you want to try cleaning your injectors....some have small screens that can plug up

orjan165

Recruit
Thank you! I will start troubleshooting. But someone told me i should try ultrasonic cleaning

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
all sorts of utubes on cleaning injectors but all home made stuff can't match professional shops who will clean them, check flow rates, spray patterns etc.. and provide you with a full report .

if you send them out mark the engine position of each one and reinstall at the same place!
new injector kits are needed to reinstall on ETECS so check FICHT reqirements on reinstalls .

Last edited:

orjan165

Recruit
I'm starting to think it's not the injectors. I just got the full diagnostics rapport and the water in fuel alarm was activated 40 hours before the stop. (What i have done). I have cleaned the injectors in ultrasonic bath, And the same problem occurs. I have plugged the injectors out and in same with the spark plugs and i can hear the engine running rougher/slower when they are plugged out.