FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1976 25 HP Evinrude twin with a short shaft that has a bad power head. I have found a 1978 25HP Evinrude twin, but it has a long shaft. Can I put the short shaft from the 1976 motor on the power head of the 1978 motor?
I don't think so. I think 1976 was the last year of the 22-cube powerhead, while 1978 used the 31.8 cube powerhead - completely different animals...
- Scott