everyone is on the water but me...

Andy in NY

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
2,109
motor woes have kept me home this weekend... and it sucks because i live on one of the main roads to get to the boat launch... and i have been outside working on my motor watching all the boats go by...
:mad:
 

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
1,006
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

Don't feel bad I am not on the water either,I could see the water (100 yards) away but it was a working weekend at my buddies lake house and had to get back to my house for our 29th wedding anniversary :D Would have rather been at the lake house with mrseagle
 

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
332
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

Im on the water.. behind someones boat
 

Benny1963

Lieutenant
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
1,476
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

incentive to repair man ive been there i spent all last summer
building my motor v6 rude and know that ive finished ive only used it three times that was during tuneing .
but ive always had a boat even if i didnt use it ?
every time i sell one because i skip a summer or two i have to go build another one , i think its the building that i like ?
my drag car same way ran it two times this year runs 8.80s
on 250 shot but if i sell it ill have to get another within 6 months ill be missing it again
 

Andy in NY

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
2,109
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

well, i did finally make it out on the water yesterday after getting my carb problems straightened out. too bad it was too late to take the family out...
 

walk-on

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
112
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

I spend more time with my boat in the driveway instead of the water. Powerhead rebuild going on now...
 

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
1,636
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

Ya I know how you feel, every week it's been something new, I am about to rename my boat from WavenBye to "SittingBY"
 

walk-on

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
112
Re: everyone is on the water but me...

All two of my runs this year in the "pleasure" boat have been for testing purposes. I did have one mock run in the driveway when my wife, my son, and I were hanging out in the boat during a decarb.

Fortunately I also have a new (2008) jon boat that doesn't require work yet so I get to use that boat for it's intended purpose - on the water.
 
Top