Everyone has gotten a demotion

Admin5

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This is a very good thing though! Our software upgrade now allows more than 3 titles. Before we just had first mate 0-30 posts, captain 31-999 and Admiral 1000+. We are now going to follow all the ranks of the navy starting with enlisted men/women and then moving to officers. I am sure many of you will make it back to Admiral or even higher status. You will find that your title will change often at first (1-1000 posts) and then take longer between changes but think of it as fun when something does change. Hope you all like it and those of you who don't please call me personally at 555-1894 ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Everyone has gotten a demotion

so, if I'm a "Captain", do I get to pick MY crew?<br />can I have a fast pursuit boat? LOL<br />(jk) <br />like the changes :) <br />M.Y.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> so, if I'm a "Captain", do I get to pick MY crew?<br />can I have a fast pursuit boat? LOL<br />(jk) <br />like the changes :) <br />M.Y.
full bird Captains do not get little pursuit boats, you can have a destroyer or carrier :D <br />Leave that little stuff to us Lt's ;)

ndemge

Commander

That's Right Gauge Guy.... But since you outrank me, I'll be DRIVING that boat while you just sit back and command. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's all good... ;) Nice touch senior officers :)

ob

Admiral

Sort of crossed ranks a little bit.An officer cadet is under a seaman apprentice.Granted the apprentice is out of boot camp unless the recruiter and him had a deal.And,there is no recruit position for the enlisted ranks.<br /><br />Picky picky. In all ,its cool with me.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> That's Right Gauge Guy.... But since you outrank me, I'll be DRIVING that boat while you just sit back and command. :)
Nah Chief, you'll be sitting beside me drinking a cup of coffee while a seaman PILOTS the ship ;)

mattttt25

Commander

i really got demoted. i made lieutenant 2 years ago, i swear!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sorry Lt. GG, but you are on radar.<br />SBN is cheif cook, SW is chaplin, PW2 is liason...<br />still accepting volunteers :p

oddjob

Commander

This is good, I was beginning to wonder if I was ever gonna make the next rank. But where are my "Hash Marks"? :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> sorry Lt. GG, but you are on radar.<br />SBN is cheif cook, SW is chaplin, PW2 is liason...<br />still accepting volunteers :p
How about "drunken sailor that goes out and destroys the town on liberty and fights with Marines" :p <br /><br />Oddjob...Boxers or Briefs :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Oh Gee! From Captain to Master Chief Petty Officer. I guess I shouldn't have said what I said to Toad. :D <br /><br />ps, maybe there should be demotions based on comportment, huh? We could even have an acid test for political views. Naw, I guess that wouldn't go over very well.<br /><br />Hey! I got it. How about a little cronyism here, you know, *** for tat. X number of post points for every dollar purchace at the Mega Mall. Now that idea should get me back up to Captain. Wadya think?

gonfishn

Commander

hmmmmmm..Wonder if a Ho Chi Min status can be applied here..During times of war an upgrade in rank sometimes occurs When one has been involved in a battle and survived..And since many here have been involved with and survived many a war on previous threads I was wondering if we have Battle Field promotions :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I wasn't aware ancient mariner was a navy rank :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> hmmmmmm..Wonder if a Ho Chi Min status can be applied here..During times of war an upgrade in rank sometimes occurs When one has been involved in a battle and survived..And since many here have been involved with and survived many a war on previous threads I was wondering if we have Battle Field promotions :D
Very apprapo, Gonfishin! I like it! :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />
Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> That's Right Gauge Guy.... But since you outrank me, I'll be DRIVING that boat while you just sit back and command. :)
Nah Chief, you'll be sitting beside me drinking a cup of coffee while a seaman PILOTS the ship ;)
Don't forget the stogies, GG!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by gonfishn:<br /> hmmmmmm..Wonder if a Ho Chi Min status can be applied here..During times of war an upgrade in rank sometimes occurs When one has been involved in a battle and survived..And since many here have been involved with and survived many a war on previous threads I was wondering if we have Battle Field promotions :D
But once combat has ceased, you go back to your previous rank. But you get to retire at the highest rank held...we don't want you to retire Doc. ;)

sloopy

Commander

as long as I am still dockboy it is OK with me :D