everbroke E-craps

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: everbroke E-craps

olm said:
the original dealer was Bob Hewes Boats in Miami. they dint have a clue.

Did you call the customer service number that I gave to you?

Be sure to get the name of the person with whom you talked. They are technical folks, not mindless information takers.

olm

Seaman

seahorse, please find out for me why there is a difference in that lickage conection. has there been a re-design of that part of the motor? Yes I did call that number & I am still waiting for dockside diangnostics that I am paying for( BRP declined to apu for). I can not loose anymore work time taking the boat to and from the shop( doesn't sound like the commercials does it) . I am on a list they should get to me soon. I wish I would have financed the motors I would tell that to the finance company An see how well they took it. I am sorry if I sound bitter but I am. I spent alot of money To Have to deal with this. This is just one aspect of campane wait until the miami boat show I Have also ordered custom made decals for the motors ( everbroke E-craps) they will look just like the orginals, I am putting 10 foot long 2 foot high sign on the boat that will say (ask me obout my motors) and parrade up and down the miami & Keys waterways with one motor trimed up and the cauling off.. I have some connections at the Miami Helarld that tell me I will get some coverage. after all it is close to shore,economical and I dont have to put my family in danger by going out to sea.

olm

Seaman

seahorse, I know you are partial to evenrude, I have had the motors for 2 years. However for about nine months starting thatsksgiving of last year I did not use the boat except to start them up I almost bit the big one and it took that long to recooperate. And one last thing in your last responce you make it sound very normal to have two powerhead failures. I have friends that have other brands Yammys & mercs they have had some glitches but not 2 blown powerheads.

AquaMarineNJ

Recruit

What is your current issue/problem? Please Explain. I'm sorry that your area does not have very good dealer support at least it sounds that way. Hopfully the next dealer will take good care of you.

AquaMarineNJ

Recruit

I can assure you that all brands have power head failures just search & you will be amazed.

olm

Seaman

the current proble is the starboard mototr the first blown head is shutting down with no warning or cause. and will not start back up until back on the lift. I realize that a large protion of my problem is the original dealer I ahve stated that. And BRP has changed the power heads. this whole thing could ahve been avoided by simply 1. doing what ever it took to make me whole(sending techs from BRP. 2. Taking a small los ro Brp and starting from srcatch with two whole new motors Rigged by a dealer of thier choosing. or 3 taking these motors off my baot and returning my money. BRP refused to pay the 150.00 to 250.00 for the dockside diagnostics on the current problem. That is where I am Now. The firts dealer sucked and the techs dont understand the technology, the second doesnt work on Evenrude warranty( due to slow payment By BRP) . the third has no space for the boat to store it ( miami 45 mile away) now I am waiting for the new service center to get to me. Three weeks now and It will brobably be next year. Pleas keep in mind we boat all year lond down here. right now it is king fish and sailfish season..

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Talk to Anglers Marine Service in Ft. Lauderdale. They are very good and work closely with the factory.

(954) 584-1233

They have helped a lot of folks in your area that have had dealer problems and poor service. Be patient, the one thing about being one of the best is that there is always a backlog of work, plus it is the busy season in Miami like the summer is in the northern states.