Ever lended your boat to someone and......

D

DJ

Re: Ever lended your boat to someone and......

NEVER.<br /><br />
i finally could take a look at the boat...it was a mess. i think they had a party before they put the cover on, sure as he!! didn't clean anything up.<br />
That kind of stuff frosts me. <br /><br />If I EVER borrow antything, I give it back better than when I got it. That includes rentals. Anyone here ever washed a U Haul truck or trailer? I have.

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> NEVER.<br /><br />
Anyone here ever washed a U Haul truck or trailer? I have.
Yes DJ we have.....but then again we used it to haul 4,500 antique bricks and sunk it in the mud up to the axles. We had no idea they were going to give us a brand new one when we picked it up. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Like I said....doodoo happens and it usually happens to us. :(

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm still too new to boating and my boats to lend them to anybody. Maybe when I KNOW that it is running 100% and the person borrowing it has been out with me 100+ times and knows what needs to get done etc....then MAYBE.<br /><br />-JustMrWill

Mr.Ladyfish

Most of our good friends are either licensed captains or have been boating longer than us. I would have no problems if one of them needed it. Anybody else can forget it. More than likely it would be a situation where somebody needs help and in that case we would go.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I let my parents use mine (Since they are the one's that taught me to drive a boat in the first place (And since I was storing it at their housr in Redding, CA. for the Winter)). When I left, it was covered and clean and dry inside.<br /><br />When I went down to get it, the cover was on, but it was wet inside and full of leaves and twigs. When I got it home and started to clean it out and wash and wax it, I found a nickle sized piece of Gel-Coat missing on the bottom, the stainless steel swim ladder support was bent, and the rub rail twards the bow was cracked/broken about a foot or so long. Neither of them said one thing about any of it or even commented on the mess inside of it.<br /><br />I'll NEVER let them use it again.<br /><br />Craig

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I've got one I'd loan out to anyone, but don't bring it back cause it ain't getting back in my yard.

aspeck

Staff member

Yea, have a couple of friends and brothers that can use mine - and why not? They do as much if not more work on her than I do! When I am out of country they will use her, clean her, tune 'er up for me, wax her, etc. Always looks shiney and new when I get home and am ready to use her. Then they won't let me pay for anything they did to her - not even the parts. I would be crazy to NOT let them borrow it whenever they want it.

muskyone

id lend out my wife first

FLATHEAD

Captain

Would not be real anxious to, but I would to few select people. I am in the category of a beater type boat. It's just a fishin rig nothing else. But it cost just as much to fix her when she breaks. <br /><br />I have a small 12 footer I keep at the local lake that anyone I know can borrow anytime to go fishin or just enjoy a day out.